Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

OPS! Now I start talking about Beckham again...I can see him pulling on a Villa shirt until the summer...when he will go to LA Galaxy. Manager of Real Madrid will not play Beckham at all after it came clear that Beckham has agreed the deal with LA Galaxy.

It makes it all open for MON to bring in a player that can have instant success at VP! He might not be the same as his best days at Man U or Real...but he will most certainly be good enough for Villa!

Cant beleive im responding to this suggestion but another factor would be that he wouldnt have to face ManU again which i believe was a reason why he would have been reluctant to return to a premiership side. We would also only have to pay him 100k a week so thats a bargain! :lol:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt Young is better than Ogbuke but Wigan may sign him 3 million(great business).There are many quality right midfielders in Europe and for 8 million we can sign 2 or 3 of them.Watford are losing 3:0 against Liverpool which means they are sinking without trace(FM 2007) :shock:.So they MUST sell cheaper I think.

I'm not sure whether £5m + Davenport + Routledge adds up to more than £7m.

Maybe at a push £2m for Routledge and £1m for Davenport would give them £8m, but both of these would probably want more money than Young.

I wonder how much he's on at the moment, I'd be suprised if it was more than 10k a week. Davenport and Routledge would want three times that between them.

Waiting to sign players is frustrating, that said I think MON is right to walk away from negotiations when clubs ask stupid money for a player. I rate Young from watford but to ask 9mil is stupid,as is Bent at 18mil. A fool and their money are easily parted, Randy and MON are nobodys fools.

I am a bit bedazzled by the lack of options.

Seems like MON is tied up with the ones we imagined he would buy,

players like Young, SWP, Bent and Bardsley (which he got).

Why hasn't he looked further than the Prem? Great we have lots of

British players, but look to Spain and Italy as well as Holland and Germany.

I don't know of course, I don't know at all, but it looks like he is a bit tied up at the moment.

Everyone knows that Villa desperately need players and that MON has money at his disposal. This will end bad if MON decides to hold on to Lerners millions as our squad is short of manpower and skill. Villa of today is weak and isnt a winning team anymore, if we ever has been with these players...

I should say that all the draws we´ve had so far it might prove to be very lucky draws because now relegation zone is getting closer. Villa, under Lerner, is supposed to fight for Europe! It is therefore crucial that we pay up in order to get the players we want or we start facing facts that the club isnt as ambitious as it has been said to be...

I personally believe that Lerner have true ambition and I love the set up with him and MON...but there isnt room for liking here...now it is ACTION that speaks and we must put our foot in and open the door...otherwise the door will shut and we are ending up a Championship team!

£11m for SWP? YES!

£10m for YOUNG? YES!

Can we pay £6.5m for Petrov under Ellis than we should be able to pay £11m for SWP under Lerner! Can we pay £9.5m for Angel under Ellis...than we can pay £10m for Young under Lerner!

I dont say that it isnt good to try and get the best price as we can, but now we are in a situation where we cant have the luxury of seeing targets leaving for other clubs because we wouldnt pay £1m extra needed...

PAY UP NOW! We desperately need to get this team winning again...

I am a bit bedazzled by the lack of options.

You havent a clue who he's after just rumours.

Seems like MON is tied up with the ones we imagined he would buy,

players like Young, SWP, Bent and Bardsley (which he got).

No one imagined he'd sign Bardsley. Or go for Young.

Why hasn't he looked further than the Prem? Great we have lots of

British players, but look to Spain and Italy as well as Holland and Germany.

He needs instant fixes. He cant afford to bring in players who'l need time to settle with such a small squad.

I don't know of course, I don't know at all, but it looks like he is a bit tied up at the moment.

I agree.

ou havent a clue who he's after just rumours.

Why are you pointing this out when I say so myself at the end? Need atttention?

No one imagined he'd sign Bardsley. Or go for Young.

Au contraire my friend, they were both heavily linked for many months, especially Bardsley.

e needs instant fixes. He cant afford to bring in players who'l need time to settle with such a small squad.

Not all players need time to settle in, and they might as well work much better than the player we have already who is "settled"