Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like Beckham may want to go to the states. Then he can play against players that he knows he will be better than.

I think he has been a fantastic player, but not for me now thanks.

I would like us to raid the U21's for our January sales.

Bent, Milner, Reo-Coker and Richards. All positions that need filling now and all in struggling clubs. More importantly all have done well in the prem.

Bent in particular has really impressed me. He has pace, is strong, knows where the next is (regularly) and can play up front on his own if MON wishes.

i would of said fark off mate!

How posh. :D

I do try! :winkold:

If we aquired those two then this would scare the shit out of any team!

----------------------Klose-------------------------Baros-------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----Barry---------Petrov-----------------------McCann---------------Beckham----------

Looks fantastic on paper till you realise we would have the slowest midfield in prem history....again!

Not saying i would not want Beckham but Barry would have to drop back for me.

i would of said fark off mate!

How posh. :D

I do try! :winkold:

If we aquired those two then this would scare the shit out of any team!

----------------------Klose-------------------------Baros-------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----Barry---------Petrov-----------------------McCann---------------Beckham----------

Looks fantastic on paper till you realise we would have the slowest midfield in prem history....again!

Not saying i would not want Beckham but Barry would have to drop back for me.

one of the many things we lacked last season was pace. can we kidnap joe cole...?

i hear that Juventus pair Mauro Camoranesi & David Trezeguet both want out of Juve in the window............. i reckon would be two great buys, both proven with a good age and calibre........ would love us to go for them, i reckon £10M ish would get the pair and I couldnt see them being on super skyhigh wages, 40-50K ish !!

also think we need some cover for McCann, cos hes the only irreplacable player in the team at the minute...... I think everyone else we can cover for, but if theres no McCann we just dont seem to tick in midfield, so an enforcer to cover/pressure super Gav, if you ask me !! Not sure who TBH, would love an Owen Hargreaves or a Gattusso, but cant see him coming here ahead of Man Yoo or the other lad quitting Milan........... one crazy suggestion, Robbie Savage - I wouldnt mind...... if thats a no-no id like to see someone like Olivier Dacourt for a season while Osbourne makes his way, or go all out for a Geremi from Chelsea or Joey Barton from Man City, or maybe Scott Parker from Newcastle.......... other suggestions like Boupa Diop of Fulham or Smith from Man Yoo (could cover a few positions)

any other suggestions !

Whilst McCann is not our best player, I agree with Adbo that he is the one position we lack sufficient cover in. Dacourt could be useful on a 2 year deal but then there are players like Appiah who could play that role.

I doubt we would get Trezeguet AND Camoranesi for £10 million, I think it would be closer to double that.

true trinity-tom, £10m maybe a little low, but i would envisage more than £15M in Juves current predicament......... yeah, i like Appiah, but I do remember MON covering a ghana game in the world cup and saying he was a "headless chicken" and wherever the ball was "appiah wasnt" - so couldnt see that one happening...................................

if weve learnt something DjembaDjemba must be really sh*t, or an absolute word removed, or both !!

yeah patrick, laquinta is a quality player, to be honest I think if we are to go abroad for players, id look to go to serieA, i think with the corruption and money worries over there, a few of their clubs may look to sell.......... although historically, the top italians dont tend to move outside of italy, which is why i was very surprised cannavaro went to spain !

fully aggreed trinity tom....... he looked a good lad against leicester, but too early to say whether he could fill mccanns breach if he were to sustain a longterm injury....