Travel to Barcelona+Nou Camp Advice

Hairbandinho

Guys, i would like to go to the Real Sociedad game at the Nou Camp on the 5th Feb this year.

Looking around i can't see any flights from Birmingham / East Midlands to Barca directly, anyone have any opinions on the cheapest most direct way to fly there?

Also will probably stay over a couple of nights so any suggestions on Hotels would be welcome!

Thanks!

I go to BCN quite regularly, and always use Swiss or KLM out of BHX, paying between 120 and 140 quid return.

Okay, you have to change planes, and you will get an Easyjet from Gatwick for 50 quid or something, but by the time you have paid for fuel and parking, plus the hassle of driving in this country, there is no saving.

the bus from girona is really easy, barcelona also has a very decent subway system so its easy enough to get around but id recommend once there get the 2 day hop on hop off bus pass which will take you to the stadium in the day and iirc gets you some cash off the tour, the tour IMO is as good as a game its a real must

as for the nou camp, personally i found it to lack atmosphere, people round me smoked and threw seed shells everywhere and the seats were filthy but its still absolutely amazing, we were told that everyone drank in the port pre and post game but didnt bother

have you got your tickets yet? if not dont get them from the UK you'll be ripped off, i got mine from a guy living in the city who ran a ticket service where he got them from the ticket office and added something like 5 euros per ticket and delivered them to your hotel, i checked him out 1st obviously but iirc he worked out about £80 cheaper then what some uk websites were quoting, have a look at attendance historys and try and work out if it will sell out, when i went vs betis they were doing £20 tickets on the door

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bit late now but I e-mailed the official Barcelona website a while ago and they said it is possible to buy seats directly from them. I explained the fact that I would be coming over from England, yet they said it wouldn't be an issue.

Â