• Wayen Rooney
    • Michael Owen
    • Frank Lampard
    • Steven Gerrard
    • John Terry
    • Gary Neville

Terry ? :bang:

No. Way.

Gerrard is a better player, a louder voice, more inspirational and he occupies a better part of the pitch and is more involved in the overall flow of a game. He is the perfect captain. He can organise and lead by example. He is everything I want in a footballer and I can't see why people want Terry over him.

No. Way.

Gerrard .... a louder voice, more inspirational ....

how do you know this Brian? :?

I would vote for JT for these very reasons.

I just see him as the most "commanding" player in an England/Chelsea shirt every time i see him play.

He seems to "own" the pitch, so to speak.

I see JT very much as i used to view Donkey Adams, only JT is a better player IMO.

No. Way.

Gerrard is a better player, a louder voice, more inspirational and he occupies a better part of the pitch and is more involved in the overall flow of a game. He is the perfect captain. He can organise and lead by example. He is everything I want in a footballer and I can't see why people want Terry over him.

It isnt about the 'best' footballer though Brian, otherwise it would be Rooney.

They need to be good enough to be selected regularly, be able to read the game and influence their players. Playing CM or CD is also a bonus in helping them to do this. Ideally they'll also have a physical presence.

Both SG and JT fit that category, both would be fantastic captains and both are young enough to hold the role for a decent amount of time. For me JT sneaks it as he's less involved in the action and has more time to view the game rather than running around and I dont agree Gerrard is a louder voice.

He also has an edge to him....when he cut his leg against Man U and needed 10 stitches and had blood squelching out his boot...all he said was I carried on because I didnt want them to see i'd been hurt!

Captain Terry.

Terry for me as well, although I think he has a bit of a wimpy voice!

Gerrard as well.... and Lampard..... and Beckham certainly did.

What's up with all these guys having light voices?

Gary Neville certainly fits the bill as well when being fit

From Mediawatch:

Stand By Your Man

From the BBC website:

'England fans are split over who should become the new captain of the national team, according to a poll by the BBC Sport website and Radio Five Live.

'John Terry gained 51% of the votes, with Steven Gerrard polling 46%.

'Gary Neville was third with 2%, Frank Lampard polled 1% and former skipper David Beckham gained one vote.'

Who would have thought Posh Spice could use the internet?

Â