Republic of Ireland

Voinjama

Well tbh as a Villa fan I won't pretend to have watched a whole lot of Ipswich Town's championship campaign. I'm just going out on a limb and assuming his style is a step up from O'Neill. Ultimately we don't know what either manager will try and do with international players. They might try to be more expansive. Who knows?

think i posted a potential MON starting XI on this page in september when Trap was sacked, id be shocked if 1st team wont be similar.

1st thing a new manager should have done is get rid of oshea but sadly i dont see that happening under these 2

Why would you get rid of him if there isn't anyone obvious coming up through to take his place? If he was leaving a gem sitting on the bench then I'd absolutely agree. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with Dunne.

Given MON's penchant for sticking with players he has previous with then he'll almost certainly be giving the Dunne-O'Shea combo another whirl at some point.

Not convinced by JOS either, he's pants when up against any kind of decent attacking team.

Not a whole lot of quality in the current CB options: Dunne/O'Shit/Clark/Sledge/O'Dea/Duffy/Delaney

Edited by Corcaigh

This is the squad for the friendlies, picked by Noel King.

David Forde, Keiren Westwood, Rob Elliot, Sean St Ledger, Marc Wilson, Seamus Coleman, John O’Shea, Alex Pearce, Stephen Kelly, Joey O’Brien, James McCarthy, Ciaran Clark, Stephen Ward, Glenn Whelan, Paul Green, Andy Reid, Aiden McGeady, Anthony Pilkington, James McClean, Robbie Brady, Stephen Quinn, Wes Hoolahan, Shane Long, Robbie Keane, Jon Walters, Kevin Doyle, Anthony Stokes.

thing about Keane is I dont remember Sunderland or Ipswich playing decent football under him or them even trying to play good football

His managership was pretty chaotic as I recall. Good starts with both clubs but once he started to build his own squads, things started to fall apart. He sacked himself from Sunderland and was sacked by Ipswich when both clubs had sunk into the relegation zones of their leagues.

MON looking into the possibility of bringing Wickham as an Ireland player even though he never played him much at Sunderland. But he would be the answer to the missing tall striker.

its either him or Conor Sammon. bit of a no-brainer ;)

MON looking into the possibility of bringing Wickham as an Ireland player even though he never played him much at Sunderland. But he would be the answer to the missing tall striker.

shakehead.gif

Hmmm.

So far MON seems to have used his appointment as a platform to have a pop at Sunderland/Di Canio; and Roy Keane likewise for Alex Ferguson. They've also politely disagreed over whether Keane was right to walk out on the Ireland squad in 2002.

Can't wait to hear their thoughts on football, the current ROI squad & all that. :)

Â