F1 2011

villarule123

anyone getting it? out a week on tuesday :) i may hold off buying it for a while though as 2010 was one of the most bug-ridden games i have played. if they have sorted them out, it is the perfect formula 1 game.

does anyone know if the races are improved so that the game isn't a glorified time trial (the ai's lap times actually meaning something)?

Getting it, but very few games gets a pre-price drop investment from me these days. I'll get it eventually though, but this months only day one purchase is the ICO and Shadow of the Colossus remake.

Getting it, but very few games gets a pre-price drop investment from me these days. I'll get it eventually though, but this months only day one purchase is the ICO and Shadow of the Colossus remake.

Erm, sorry this is off topic, but when is that ICO thing due out?

ICO is one of my favourite games ever!

Back on topic, I'll be looking out for F1, but probably after a price drop. Haven't played a decent F1 game for years!

Yes, got it, playing to death, a little.

Is it possible to transfer saved games from one PS3 to another?

Yes, or at least it is on other games

I cant be sure of the exact steps,

but you can plug in a portable memory device, like a USB stick, find the save file on your PS3, copy it to your USB stick, then take it out and reverse the process in te other PS3

Definitely works as when my old PS3 broke I managed to get all my saved files off it and onto my replacement one and didn't lose any progress in games

Cheers Steve, have decided to just start afresh. I had been over my girlfriends playing (the game!) but will just re-start. I'll post my thoughts soon but as expected really, I love it. Gonna be like last years, played to death!

After about 12 hours of play it really is an improvement, feels great, looks great. I loved 2010 and even traded in GT5 cos F1 was just being played all the time and now I am loving f12011. Started a season the other day (Wednesday) and was doing really well, 8 laps into a 12 lap race in a career with williams and totally had a mind blank and hit triangle before a corner to call for a pit stop... but the triangle is now DRS, that corner was fun ;)

Haven't tried online yet as it has a code and didn't want to use it on my GF's account.

It definitely is hard, I am on medium btw, have done a quick GP @ Canada too as it is my favourite track, a lot of throwing the car around corners etc, finished top in practise and top in Qualifying, I took a picture when I was first in practise to boast to my friend who always crashes at canada :P

epicld.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyone using a wheel? I'm using controller and have been playing on medium too.

Started with quick grand prix at Spa, medium difficulty but adjusted some of assists, and got slaughtered. Turned traction control down to medium, really struggled with cornering, as soon as you get back on the throttle, find yourself trying to save a spin all the time. First achievement i got was 'Have you tried DiRT3' which you're awarded with for drifting!

I've since changed back to the default medium difficulty setting, which has traction control on full, started career with Williams, got pole (about 1.24 got me pole) and won race, which isnt right, need to increase AI difficulty to counter the fact i've got quite a few assists on i think.

Â