Academy Under 18s season 2011/12

fantram

Yes. It was Matthew Coton in goal. Back four Jenkins, Bryan, Donacien and Caira. Midfield Darkin, Serrano, Melvin and Barton. Up front Connor Taylor with Jordan Graham playing off him. Serrano was taken off after about an hour with Jack Grealish coming on wide and Darkin moving to the middle and with 15 minutes left Jordan Graham came off with a knock and was replaced by Umit Eminoglu.

Jack did well when he came on. I don't know if you went to the next gen game the other night but he did very well against Fenerbahce as well.

The most diplomatic way I can sum up Serrano's performances is that he is struggling to adapt to the pace of the game. Now Malcolm Melvin, the lad who played alongside him is a very good footballer.

Jack did well when he came on. I don't know if you went to the next gen game the other night but he did very well against Fenerbahce as well.

The most diplomatic way I can sum up Serrano's performances is that he is struggling to adapt to the pace of the game. Now Malcolm Melvin, the lad who played alongside him is a very good footballer.

...is he any relation to the Malcolm Melvin who was a local boxer ?

Not sure if you mean when is the next u19 game at vp ? but this might help

Fenerbahce vs Aston Villa 26.10.11 Venue and Time TBC

Aston Villa vs Rosenborg 02.11.11 Villa Park

Rosenborg vs Aston Villa 09.11.11 Lerkendal Stadium

Aston Villa vs Ajax 22.11.11 Villa Park

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cardiff City 3 Aston Villa 2 :(

Goalscorers: Umit Eminoglu, Michael Drennan

Team: Coton; Jenkins, M. Watkins, Donacien, Bateman; Ward, Barton (Nelson 60), Grealish, Darkin; Eminoglu (Danny Williams 70), Drennan.

Substitutes not used: Barrett, Bryan, Kinsella.

Match report on OS here

I watched two Villa games on saturday both ending 3-2 to us. The youth team beat Watford on saturday morning. We rested most of the lads who had played against Rosenborg and started with a team consisting of Barrett in goal, a back four of Bateman- Bryan-Donacien- Jenkins. Midfield was Barton-Darkin-Ward-Grealish with Drennan and Umit up front.

Watford took the lead when Grealish lost the ball with our defenders up for a corner and a quick breakaway lead to the visiters scoring.

Drennan scored a cracking equaliser from the edge of the box after good work from Darkin and Umit set him up.

Watford took the lead again early in the second half and at that stage threatened to take control. Villa responded by bringing on Melvin and Graham and Melvin in particular helped us get a grip in midfield and we started to get back on top.

In the 80th minute Watford could have sewn the game up when they hit the post but a quick breakaway from Villa saw Jack Grealish pick the ball up in his own half and as the Watford defence retreated Jack lashed a 30 yarder into the top corner to level the score.

Villa were pushing for a winner now and it came in the last minute when Charlie Ward scored with another stunning long range shot to give us a win that with 10 minutes left looked unlikely.

so had the dreadul Michael Drennan scored for us in 3 matches in a row, Cardiff, Watford and Rosenberg?

No, 4 in a row - he scored a hat trick against MK Dons :winkold: Who said he was dreadful? :|

he scored a hat trick against MK Dons :winkold: Who said he was dreadful? :|
arrowkk2.gif
In answer to Liamoo11's question about Mickael Drennan. The lad was homesick and has been released and returned to Ireland.
i wasn't aware of this, i'm very happy about it though, he is 1 of the worst players i have seen play for the club

Â