Photography?

trimandson

I'd say you got a bargain there Dr Stupid

And please accept my apologies for not sorting that action out, I got the pm just before I went out to work, then I was working most of the weekend and by then it was too late for your dealine. Very very sorry

hope it went ok

Also got my first "professional" job yesterday. Ok its for my current employers, but it is an ad campaign, its an ongoing series and I get time off in Lieu for the work I do. If it all goes well It'll at least be sometjhing for my portfolio in the future

Congrats, hope it all pans out well for you!

As for the interview, it went well (i stuck my half baked attemp at the landscape in on the first page :) ). Just that horrible waiting game now... i guess i'll hear next week if i got in.

Would still love to know how you'd have done the pic though bicks, as my photoshop skills are in their infancy at the moment.

Off to test the new lenses down the park, will see what i get and might post some pics. I can't play at the mo as i've done my ankle ligaments in, but i can annoy them all with my paparazzi skills!

billsmountainbicksversind3.jpg

Had a go at your image for half an hour last night Bill and here's what I came up with

Couldn't do the extended colour range thing because I haven't rebuilt the action on the mac yet (which means I have to remembe exactly how I did it first!)

Might have a go at that later in the week

EDIT: It looks like you have dust on your sensor too (top right corner), you may have cleaned it since though, just thought I'd leave it in case you hadn't noticed

b23avfc - I like!, great colour rendition. Nice portrait.

Gareth - Cheers for that, it's amazing how dull and washed out the original looks when compared to that one. Is this the 'Velvia' imitation that you used on one of your other images? (i think), it really pushes the colour. Would love to know what you did if it's not a pain in the arse.

As for the sensor dust, i hadn't noticed it actually! There's another bit 3/4 of the way up the left side too, but i think the sensor cleaner's got rid of them now judging by this image from testing the new lenses last week. (one of the bonuses of the 400D)

2001364600044246067_rs.jpg

Also, if anyone is interested in some old Konica Hexanon lenses, i have three at the moment which i'm selling... 40mm, 50mm, 135mm, and a 300m tamron. All for Konica bayonet mount. Old school. :)

Bill, its not the Velvia action I used before, its mainly using my eyes in the RAW conversion stage to boost the greens and yellows

The I did a levels adjustment layer

I also burned the left hand side mountains in the distance as they were a tad too light

Also put a graduated filter layer on to darken the clouds

I then cloned some clouds to stop the brightest area of the clouds from both looking burned out and drawing attention uneccesarily

then I had to tone down railway ballast as it was a tad too red (did this with a mask and greyscale layer - reducing the opacity until it looked right)

and thats it really

Oh I have done a sharper version since but it won't be that noticeable at a size useable by this forum

Was just beginning to wonder if anyone noticed me last image post ;) I know Bicks did :P

Last night I changed the montages on my first two pages of my website to something more lively and added another to a page that seems to be permanently under construction :) I'll be trying out a online ordering gallery system this week too, well by next week anyway. Nightmare. I love my server admin though, he's the best ;)

Â