Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Bents record in the Premiership speaks for itself .

McLeish's record does not.

We cannot, under any circumstances decide the future of our manager based on one player.

Mcliesh, Mourinho or Brian Clough - Darren Bent will not care about AVFC like you and I do. Its his job. He will up and leave at the drop of a hat at the very sniff of more money. Get over it. Their tossers. Do not worship them.

I don't know if you'd noticed, but McLeish not getting the best out of Bent is just one of many reasons why people want McLeish gone.

Yes Im aware of that. But we are talking about Darren Bent.

And my point is that if its a toss up between:

getting rid of a player because his style of play doesnt quite fit the managers

or

getting rid of the manager because he cant get the best out of a player

Id choose the player to leave every time. Maybe if it was Messi then you think twice, but its Darren Bent FFS. He really isnt that good. Hes not scored since you came on here wondering where I was after his groundbreaking brace at home to Norwich :D

And Like I said, Id prefer to keep the person who looks like he wants to be here anyway.

Not to mention the fact that Mcliesh wont be sacked anyway.

Actually, it's a case of

get rid of the player because his style of player doesn't fit the manager's

or

get rid of the manager because he can't get the best out of said player, often can't motivate the team, is tactically inept, poor in the transfer market, plays negative anti-football etc etc. The list goes on. The only "benefit" of getting rid of Bent is that his style of play doesn't fit the manager's, but even then that's hardly a benefit. Getting rid of McLeish automatically reaps tons of benefits.

How many games has he played since Norwich? Not many. How many of those games did we even make an attempt to attack? None. The problem here is the manager whether you like it or not.

But like i said, the arguement to get rid of Mcliesh is a pointless one as he wont be got rid of. There is no point in keeping Bent whilst Mcliesh is here.

But like i said, the arguement to get rid of Mcliesh is a pointless one as he wont be got rid of. There is no point in keeping Bent whilst Mcliesh is here.
Well how do you know? It's not likely but it's not impossible. I'd rather keep one of our best players and hope that he's still around by the time our current manager leaves/gets sacked than sell him just because the manager can't get the best out of him, and then have that manager leave a year down the line anyway. Let's be honest here, McLeish isn't going to be here for a long time. From the moment he was appointed we all knew it would end up like this.

McLeish is a dire manager. Even when he has his own team playing his way he can't the results (see SHA).

Well how do you know? It's not likely but it's not impossible. I'd rather keep one of our best players and hope that he's still around by the time our current manager leaves/gets sacked than sell him just because the manager can't get the best out of him, and then have that manager leave a year down the line anyway. Let's be honest here, McLeish isn't going to be here for a long time. From the moment he was appointed we all knew it would end up like this.

McLeish is a dire manager. Even when he has his own team playing his way he can't the results (see SHA).

Agree 100%.

Also on the Carroll rumours, don't get me wrong I think he is a good player being badly used at Liverpool but I still wouldn't swap him for Bent.

What was the point of buying Bent and then hiring a manager who has no idea how to use a poacher?

Again, the board haven't done their research when they made this appointment. It would be fantastic if we could take them in a room and give them legitmate reasons why he was a bad idea. They would be stuck for words in seconds. Just a shambles at the top where they're not mentally fit to run this club.

For me Darren Bent doesnt want to be here. He isnt given 100% imo and for that reason alone he can leave for me.

Knowhere near good enough to justify picking and choosing which manager he will put 100% effort in for, What we gonna do if we replace Mcliesh with someone whos tactics dont suit Darren Bents '1 trick pony game either'? Sack Him as well? Whilst Mcliesh's limits are well and truly evident, his appointment has also highlighted just how limited Darren Bent is too.

He really isnt that good

I don’t really want to let Bent go.

But

the loss of Downing and Young were far more damaging [imo] and even more damaging would be losing Gabby at this point. Infact Bent’s loss would be less damaging than:

Barry, Milner, Laursen and controversially the dancing Irishman. It just seems that Bent has been turned into a figure by the fans as a line in the sand. The line was much further back though...

Of course the whole thing is that McLeish is rubbish, but even more so are the short term views of the board, who in desperate attempt to balance the books have lost the plot.

All McLeish's appointment has highlighted is the best way to waste the talents of one of our best players.

Is Darren Bent not 1% responsible (at least) for his pathetically woeful form this season? Or are you sleeping with him or summit?

All McLeish's appointment has highlighted is the best way to waste the talents of one of our best players.

Is Darren Bent not 1% responsible (at least) for his pathetically woeful form this season? Or are you sleeping with him or summit?

Pathetically woeful form? It's not been great but it's certainly not been that bad either. Get some perspective.

I don't know, has Bent been sleeping with your girlfriend? You seem to hate him so much. :lol:

Bent certainly has to take some responsibility. The best players in the world have to carry on giving 100% despite what happens around them. Bent clearly isn't and needs to step up and continue paying back his transfer fee with performances and goals.

But he's not entirely to blame. I'd say percentage wise, the board and manager have to take more responsibility for the players he's surrounded by and the way the team are playing.

Pathetically woeful form? It's not been great but it's certainly not been that bad either. Get some perspective.

I don't know, has Bent been sleeping with your girlfriend? You seem to hate him so much. :lol:

Other than the games hes scored in, hes been awful - which is what I said about him in January. offers nothing unless he scores. Hes not been scoring so hes offered nothing. For 20m and 70k a week I expect much much more.

Dont hate him at all.

Other than the games hes scored in, hes been awful - which is what I said about him in January. offers nothing unless he scores. Hes not been scoring so hes offered nothing. For 20m and 70k a week I expect much much more.

Dont hate him at all.

He's being isolated by our shit manager's tactics. That's the problem.

Even last season you never stopped criticising him.

Would you be happy to see Zigic as his replacement?

I know a couple of Fulham ST holders, both of whom are absolutely convinced that Bent's replacement at Villa will be Zamora.

Not ITK's but they tell me that there is an awful lot of "terrace talk" surrounding this at present.

watch this space I guess!!

Â