social and travel

holt_ender26

We usually do what we like at Albion :thumb:

I think most Villa fans drink in Brum before this one usually, I'll be drinking in Jewellery Quarter before making the short hop on the train/tram to The Hawthorns.

I'd imagine Hockley/Jewellry Quarter would be the best place for a few pre-match pints. Though i must admit I don't know any of the boozers around that way. Alternatively there's always the option to drink in town and get a train or tram to the Hawthorns.

Where is everyone going/drinking before the game? Might as well take advantage of the 3.00pm kick-off...
. Against wolves away the briar rose was busy pre match. Loads of pubs to choose from though in brum. If weather is nice the figure of eight beer garden is an option.

I'm still un-decided whether to head for town or not, suppose it depends on the weather...

Anybody taking a train from Kidderminster or thereabouts? Not sure what time to get? Haven't got a clue how busy it gets and what time it usually get's rammed... want to avoid all that bollocks - if i can.

"WMPVillaFC Aston Villa WMPolice #avfc There is only 1 Public House near to the Hawthorns that will accept away supporters, The Royal Oak, Hollyhead Road, Birmingham".

I thought this was a home pub. Lets get here at 11.00am :D

Brilliant, let's pack it out and make it like the Fernhurst etc.

Have just been sent this on Facebook:

Message to all Villa fans going tomorrow: the Royal Oak on Holyhead Road near the ground is the only pub for Villa fans tomorrow spread the word we need it packed out and rocking like the Fernhurst at Blackburn! UTV

:D

Just to warn you lads, the last time I did Albion away we tried to get in the Royal Oak but the whole pub was closed. And there was no-where else near to the ground.

Also, before West Ham away, WMP put on their Twitter that "The Central" was the away pub when in actual fact, it hadn't been the away pub since December 2010.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if WMP want all the Villa to turn up to the Royal Oak, find its closed because of the derby, and watch every Villa fan trundle off to the ground early without having had a drink.

I might be wrong of course, but I'd say the safer option was somewhere like the Rose Villa Tavern in Hockley first and then perhaps the Royal Oak for a quick one before kick-off. That's what I'll be doing anyway.

UTV!

Just to warn you lads, the last time I did Albion away we tried to get in the Royal Oak but the whole pub was closed. And there was no-where else near to the ground.

Also, before West Ham away, WMP put on their Twitter that "The Central" was the away pub when in actual fact, it hadn't been the away pub since December 2010.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if WMP want all the Villa to turn up to the Royal Oak, find its closed because of the derby, and watch every Villa fan trundle off to the ground early without having had a drink.

I might be wrong of course, but I'd say the safer option was somewhere like the Rose Villa Tavern in Hockley first and then perhaps the Royal Oak for a quick one before kick-off. That's what I'll be doing anyway.

UTV!

How wrong you were sir! Thought the atmosphere was really good in there...

Â