social and travel

holt_ender26

Just to warn you lads, the last time I did Albion away we tried to get in the Royal Oak but the whole pub was closed. And there was no-where else near to the ground.

Also, before West Ham away, WMP put on their Twitter that "The Central" was the away pub when in actual fact, it hadn't been the away pub since December 2010.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if WMP want all the Villa to turn up to the Royal Oak, find its closed because of the derby, and watch every Villa fan trundle off to the ground early without having had a drink.

I might be wrong of course, but I'd say the safer option was somewhere like the Rose Villa Tavern in Hockley first and then perhaps the Royal Oak for a quick one before kick-off. That's what I'll be doing anyway.

UTV!

How wrong you were sir! Thought the atmosphere was really good in there...

Glad to here it. The Rose Villa Tavern was quality and made even more so by a token bluenose sitting outside in the sun with all the Villa in a Barcelona top. To say he got verbally raped would be an understatement.

I prefer not to drink is the designated away pubs such as the Fernhurst. Usually shit overpriced beer in plastic pint cartons, full of chavs. You can usually find another further up the road, still with plenty of Villa and a sing song, and you can actually breath!

Just to warn you lads, the last time I did Albion away we tried to get in the Royal Oak but the whole pub was closed. And there was no-where else near to the ground.

Also, before West Ham away, WMP put on their Twitter that "The Central" was the away pub when in actual fact, it hadn't been the away pub since December 2010.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if WMP want all the Villa to turn up to the Royal Oak, find its closed because of the derby, and watch every Villa fan trundle off to the ground early without having had a drink.

I might be wrong of course, but I'd say the safer option was somewhere like the Rose Villa Tavern in Hockley first and then perhaps the Royal Oak for a quick one before kick-off. That's what I'll be doing anyway.

UTV!

How wrong you were sir! Thought the atmosphere was really good in there...

Glad to here it. The Rose Villa Tavern was quality and made even more so by a token bluenose sitting outside in the sun with all the Villa in a Barcelona top. To say he got verbally raped would be an understatement.

Ye it was good outside and what was a Blues fan doing in a Barca top!!!

Â