Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I don't see how anyone would be fine with GH having another season when his inconsistent of getting the right results, his health being an issue and the possiblity of sticking with Gary Mac.

What happens if after 5 games with bad results he has another relapse making Gary Mac as the manager AGAIN until the end of the season? We'll get relegated for sure.

It's too much of a high risk for so little.

Read the first 12 words of my post.

The post wasn't even directed at you. I was speaking generally.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the board have really shown their competence since they took full control by spending a fee of 28.1m to AVOID relegation, having two different poor caretakers in the same season, while they've kept us in the dark to see if the manager who's been inconsistent this season will be with us next season. We've really marched on from the previous seasons haven't we? Wake up.

Oh, and seeing as someone on here didn't even know what Britain was, I wouldn't put it past the modern era to know the basics of Geography. It wasn't you was it? :lol:

KMAC was a solution at the time, who else was there?

GMAC is the assistant manager of course he will now take over.

Why should they say whats going on? I cant believe we all think we should know the ins and outs of GH's health. If his position is time sensitive then there has already been the hints of a decision come June. Perhaps they want to keep GH but cant make a decison because of other factors. Perhaps they are trying to sort out a compensation package with GH but cant announce anything till its signed. Also its not really gonna make a blind bit of difference if they wait till June. What if they are looking for a new manager and come out and say it and it scuppers any deal for this new manager.

As for waking up, perhaps you should take your own advice as just because this season is poor it doesnt mean they are incompetent but what a typical overreaction from the modern day football fan. The usual, theyre brilliant theyre shit syndrome, everyone is far too quick to judge when really they know **** all whats going on.

And no it wasnt me funny man.

I don't see how anyone would be fine with GH having another season when his inconsistent of getting the right results, his health being an issue and the possiblity of sticking with Gary Mac.

What happens if after 5 games with bad results he has another relapse making Gary Mac as the manager AGAIN until the end of the season? We'll get relegated for sure.

It's too much of a high risk for so little.

I wouldn't care if GH got up and ran a marathon. He should be dismissed on results alone.

I really worry about Randy - yes he stumps up the cash - but he doesn't seem to want to take the difficult decision. I reckon if GH says - I will be ok mid august - Randy would happily leave the club in limbo - he seems contents with us ambling along - so long as he doesn't have to get involved in any tough negotiations - Ditto for the shirt and sponsorship fiascos

I wouldn't care if GH got up and ran a marathon. He should be dismissed on results alone.

I really worry about Randy - yes he stumps up the cash - but he doesn't seem to want to take the difficult decision. I reckon if GH says - I will be ok mid august - Randy would happily leave the club in limbo - he seems contents with us ambling along - so long as he doesn't have to get involved in any tough negotiations - Ditto for the shirt and sponsorship fiascos

Do you have any firm evidence that Randy is not involved with things happening at the club? I think your imagination is running away.

Do you have any firm evidence that Randy is not involved with things happening at the club? I think your imagination is running away.

Randy does not need full involvement. I think some of you are getting carried away not thinking of the basics in business.

Randy will have people employed to do the running around the talking. Paul Falkner is not the only person making decisions either, there are lots of backroom staff we dont know about with all the knowledge. Its all going on behind closed doors believe, its all happening. Randy will agree the final decision with Faulkner for sure but he is the chairman, the money man, not he runner.

hughes says he is staying at fulham so that to me confirms he wont be coming here if hou leaves which i dont think is going to happen

Oh no !

If I am in conspiracy mode - that means no vacancy at Villa .......(or moyes is nailed on)

Benitez must be the bookies favourite now ?

Oh, and seeing as someone on here didn't even know what Britain was, I wouldn't put it past the modern era to know the basics of Geography. It wasn't you was it? :lol:

Says the guy who doesn't know the difference between he's and his . :?

Yeah, the board have really shown their competence since they took full control by spending a fee of 28.1m to AVOID relegation, having two different poor caretakers in the same season, while they've kept us in the dark to see if the manager who's been inconsistent this season will be with us next season. We've really marched on from the previous seasons haven't we? Wake up.

Why should they say whats going on? I cant believe we all think we should know the ins and outs of GH's health. If his position is time sensitive then there has already been the hints of a decision come June. Perhaps they want to keep GH but cant make a decison because of other factors. Perhaps they are trying to sort out a compensation package with GH but cant announce anything till its signed. Also its not really gonna make a blind bit of difference if they wait till June. What if they are looking for a new manager and come out and say it and it scuppers any deal for this new manager.

As for waking up, perhaps you should take your own advice as just because this season is poor it doesnt mean they are incompetent but what a typical overreaction from the modern day football fan. The usual, theyre brilliant theyre shit syndrome, everyone is far too quick to judge when really they know **** all whats going on.

If the board was competent enough, we wouldn't be in this situation. It seems like you're trying to counter-attack everything for the sake of it. They haven't done a good job at all and appear to be out of their depth since they took full control at August. Even the general has said it wasn't what they were expecting this season.

I do know the difference, I just prefer saying his over he's continously like some prefer saying your over you're. I don't give a toss if my English is poor on a football forum, I'm aware where it really matters.

If the board was competent enough, we wouldn't be in this situation. It seems like you're trying to counter-attack everything for the sake of it. They haven't done a good job at all and appear to be out of their depth since they took full control at August. Even the general has said it wasn't what they were expecting this season.

I do know the difference, I just prefer saying his over he's continously like some prefer saying your over you're. I don't give a toss if my English is poor on a football forum, I'm aware where it really matters.

:crylaugh:

Of course you are !

but your and you're sound the same for all intents and purposes.

writing his instead of he's makes me wonder if your uncle is your brother

I normally also type OF instead of should HAVE and WHICH instead of THAT even though I know they're wrong. I shouldn't have to care on a football forum. I've seen loads of fair share spelling/grammar mistakes in this thread alone, but I don't give a toss to make a big deal out of it.

And Brumerican, believe what you want. Next you'll be thinking Gary Mac will us the last two games due to his masterful tactics.

I for one would like to see Rijkard at the club, someone who commands respect and gets it, seems like we need a leader at the club right now

Agree i'd have him here

Very much so, he's close to the top of my (realistic) most-wanted list. His reputation, age and general aura would enable to us to attract a lot of players too IMO.

I would agree if he just came out of Barcelona, bu he did extremely poor at Galatasaray who doesn't appear to be as good with less quality players and we can safely say most of our players are average.

Which players would he able to attract over here? :?

His Galatasary record (according to wiki):

Won 37

Drew 15

Lost 15

While I confess I don't know anything about the Turkish league, this doesn't strike me as extremely poor. He inherited a team that finished 5th and they then finished 3rd.

I also think Frank Rijkaard is a name and a personality that any footballer, young/old, would be excited to be associated with.

but your and you're sound the same for all intents and purposes.

writing his instead of he's makes me wonder if your uncle is your brother

I normally also type OF instead of should HAVE and WHICH instead of THAT even though I know they're wrong. I shouldn't have to care on a football forum. I've seen loads of fair share spelling/grammar mistakes in this thread alone, but I don't give a toss to make a big deal out of it.

And Brumerican, believe what you want. Next you'll be thinking Gary Mac will us the last two games due to his masterful tactics.

First off you try and take the piss out of somebody because of their geographical knowledge (or lack thereof) even though you have the grammatical skills of a borderline idiot. Then you pull a completely irrelevant strawman argument about Gary MacAllister out of the hat to try and prove some ridiculous point about something I have never once mentioned .

I wouldn't have pulled you up in the first place as my own grammatical skills are not the greatest, but then again I don't go around slagging off others for their shortcomings .

If you're going to try and take the piss on here then it would be easier if you got your own shit in order first . You could start by not pointing out peoples weakness and concentrate on sorting out your own . It wouldn't hurt if you stopped being such a big headed git either . You keep trying to palm off your opinion as if it were fact and your general tone is just very unlikeable .