Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Houllier I've got no problem with it's just McAllister - he is shite and all the players hate him.

No problem with Houllier?!

:lol:

I tried to remain patient with him for a long time but I'm afraid he has passed the point of no return now. Sack him after the Liverpool match.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houllier I've got no problem with it's just McAllister - he is shite and all the players hate him.

No problem with Houllier?!

:lol:

I tried to remain patient with him for a long time but I'm afraid he has passed the point of no return now. Sack him after the Liverpool match.

Not literally no problem, I just meant it's McAllister I don't like

I agree with this Shoody.... the end of the season is a mere two weeks away. I'm sure the 'positive' stories supporting GH by the club are to aid his recovery and to instil some continuity with the team.

It would be disastorous to announce we're looking for a new manager whilst there's 2 games to play for - the players hardly know whether they're coming or going as it is!!!

I don't expect Randy to flog GH to death at all and I can see him asking GH to step down due to health reasons and then we'll begin to officially sound out candidates (all IMHO!)

This makes sense. However if the 2 weeks after the season rumour is true - then it would seem that the club are keen to give GH time to declare himself fit. This suggests that they still see GH as 'the man' - and for the chairman to hold that view is a grave concern for me.

That or they cant speak to managers currently attached to a club. So wait for 2 weeks after the end of the season. Cut Houllier out and bring in a replacement instantly = good business.

Sack houllier now, try and talk to managers, who still have a job to do and get pissed off with the club, so stay where they are. Spend a month without a manager before bringing in somebody half-hearted and shit = lose our players and look like a shitly run club.

What so trying to recruit a manager while GH is still in post - is easier than sacking him and then bringing in a replacement ?

I can not see Randy sacking GH - I am hugely concerned that he will be our Manager next season. My only hope is that GH is sitting in his sick bed cursing his inept assistant and sounding out replacements! I hope he's got Ray Wilkin's number!

I don't think there is any way that GH is going to be able to carry on with front line management. The pressure is just too much these days.

Like others have said I hope for the sake of it we are waiting until the close season to see who is out of a job or looking for a new challenge.

For my two pence worth I think Carlo Ancelloti will be sacked by Ambramovic when the season finishes and will look to stay in England, reunite him and Ray Wilkins play 4-3-3 sweet as! We can all have dreams right?

I don't really follow Italian football but know he had a lot of success with a Milan team who were near the end of their careers. I just wonder if he can get the better out of younger players too or out of players who are not "world class" because we have a few.

And houllier is good and all the players like him?

They're both **** useless and need to be got rid of as soon as possible.

I don't really follow Italian football but know he had a lot of success with a Milan team who were near the end of their careers. I just wonder if he can get the better out of younger players too or out of players who are not "world class" because we have a few.

I know what you mean. I think he's given some of the younger lads at Chelsea a run out when he could afford to or when he's had to.

He's managed smaller clubs back in Italy at the beginning of his management career so I could see him doing well here. I think the biggest thing is that I could imagine he, Wilkins and Randy would all get on really well, they all seem to have a laid back approach to life and work, Ancelotti especially would be grateful just not to have the interference he works with now!

Good point on Ancelloti.

If the club have got the ambition they say they have then we should be short listing managers of the following calibre: Martin Jol, David Moyes, Ancelloti w/ Wilkins, Paul Lambert (bottom of the pile but as a gamble).

And while we're at it why not offer Mourinho the job - it's well known that he wants to return to England and to work on a long term project with a club in the Premier League - why not sound him out and break the bank for him! The worst that could happen is that he'd say No!

The probable list I fear though is more along the lines of Rafael Benitez, Allardyce, Curbishley et al.

My big worry is Benitez, yes he probably has the best CV of anyone out of work and undoubtedly has achieved a lot in football but I just don't see how he would 'fit' with Aston Villa Football Club. Appointing Benitez would almost certainly end in tears.

Don't care how much it costs, but get Ray Wilkins in. Not as manager but he needs to be involved someone within the backroom staff

Good bloke - but to much of a dyed in the wool cockney for me

Benitez is not the right man.

Ancellotti will be on his way to Roma or an Italian team.

Villas-Boas and Wilkins however would be a great combination ;) if a little [alot] bit in dreamland.

That or they cant speak to managers currently attached to a club. So wait for 2 weeks after the end of the season. Cut Houllier out and bring in a replacement instantly = good business.

Sack houllier now, try and talk to managers, who still have a job to do and get pissed off with the club, so stay where they are. Spend a month without a manager before bringing in somebody half-hearted and shit = lose our players and look like a shitly run club.

What so trying to recruit a manager while GH is still in post - is easier than sacking him and then bringing in a replacement ?

I didnt say do it behind GH's back as he will no doubt already know what is going on. What im saying is before they announce GH's departure to the world, they should have already atleast contacted managers as to get a replacement in ASAP. Or do you believe we live in a world where the clubs will tell fans everything instantly. It's certainly the feeling i get from some people on here, that we will know anything as soon as it happens.