Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to think I would give 100% to whoever came in BUT if it's FSW then no way could I support him after his antics with Barry......silly I know but thats how I feel.....he's a rocket polisher!

I would like to think I would give 100% to whoever came in BUT if it's FSW then no way could I support him after his antics with Barry......silly I know but thats how I feel.....he's a rocket polisher!

I feel the same about him but would put that behind me (as hard as that is!) and support the team.

Not easy but I think it can be done :P

If Villa DO change the Manager, we need to get the appointment right. The fans are turning and beginning to lose faith. This is a very important decision. If they stick with Houllier, it'll be exceptionally brave of them. I'd hate this season to be the precursor to us getting relegated next season. Without the experience of NRC, Friedel, Luke Young and the probable sale of Ashley Young, there might be a hell of a lot of work to do and decisions to be made. Do the board trust the current management team to make them? I don't.

If Villa DO change the Manager, we need to get the appointment right. The fans are turning and beginning to lose faith. This is a very important decision. If they stick with Houllier, it'll be exceptionally brave of them. I'd hate this season to be the precursor to us getting relegated next season. Without the experience of NRC, Friedel, Luke Young and the probable sale of Ashley Young, there might be a hell of a lot of work to do and decisions to be made. Do the board trust the current management team to make them? I don't.

Agree with this. I have said for weeks, the next appointment is very very important. We cannot afford further decline or backward steps.

george graham? lets go back to the 80s! surely theres a manager out there with absoltue passion for the villa who can mould a team to share that desire...it is a massive decision but i dont think houllier/GMAC are the men unfortunately for them.

I don't trust the board to be honest.

Randy Lerner's track record at appointments in the Browns is meant to be terrible according to the fans over there and they want him out. I don't want him out, but I'm gonna be pissed off with him if he brings on another failure. His had perfect oppertunities to make the right choice and he could still bring on someone with football knowledge over someone like Paul Faulkner who seems to be clueless as hell.

Randy Lerner's track record at appointments in the Browns is meant to be terrible according to the fans over there and they want him out. I don't want him out, but I'm gonna be pissed off with him if he brings on another failure. His had perfect oppertunities to make the right choice and he could still bring on someone with football knowledge over someone like Paul Faulkner who seems to be clueless as hell.

Randy has done a lot for this club and deserves our gratitude. Who gives a **** what Brown's fans think? It's a different sport for one and they actually get really pissed because he spends so much time on us.

He appointed Houllier because he met the criteria and it was a good decision on paper. Hindsight is wonderful but no-one could have predicted things would end up this way, besides it wasn't all Randy's fault.

If there is one thing we need less of, it's unappreciative, spoilt fans. We have one of the best Chairmen in the league, show some respect.

Oh and as for Paul Faulkner, I doubt anyone ever sees him when he's working and I doubt even less that you of all people know anything about the job he does at the club, so have some hard evidence when you go around calling people clueless.

I didn't like Benitez during the Barry saga, nor how he had his Liverpool playing, so he'd be starting with a few marks in the negative column for me. I'd also be wary because the highest profile manager, or the one who has worked at the highest level and won the most trophies, isn't necessarily going to be the one that's the best fit for Villa.

Agree 100% - Benitez record is second to none. But I much prefer Moyes as he has managed well at Everton - and think villa whilst a similar size club have slightly better finances.

Randy will never have a better field of manager to choose from

Moyes

Hughes

Coyle

Jol

Lambert

Benitez

ok - some may take some moving. But if he just appoints benitez - I would be disappointed - just looks like a GH MK2

What do people think to Simon Grayson? Not saying I'd go for him necessarily but just wondered on opinions.

Leeds just missed out on Play-offs in their first season back in the Championship and they've picked up some good scalps when Grayson's been in charge (Man Utd in the cup).

Former Villa man, young, promising?

Thoughts. Think he'd certainly be on a short-list.

I think he would be quite far down that list. I actually worry a little that Curbishley could be one of those leading the list. The board could certainly lose my support over this coming summer.

Randy has done a lot for this club and deserves our gratitude. Who gives a **** what Brown's fans think? It's a different sport for one and they actually get really pissed because he spends so much time on us.

He appointed Houllier because he met the criteria and it was a good decision on paper. Hindsight is wonderful but no-one could have predicted things would end up this way, besides it wasn't all Randy's fault.

If there is one thing we need less of, it's unappreciative, spoilt fans. We have one of the best Chairmen in the league, show some respect.

He shouldn't be immune from criticism just because his spent money and I certainly don't respect the football decisions his made since he mishandled the MON sitaution.

Also, why has he made Paul Faulkner CEO of Villa? Where's his football qualifications? What actually qualifies him to be a CEO in general? I'm not gonna respect that decision either.

But overall, I'm still on his side because of the things his done in the past, but in terms of football decisions, he still remains questionable.