Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

What I mean is everyone has different opinions on who they want, even the ones that seem impossible to attract, but if it's someone they haven't even acknowledged, it's not really a promising prospect for the club.
It makes no difference. All that matters is the job that's done.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think there's gonna be a lot of people on here who'll be disappointed in the next appointment. I think there's too many fantasists on here as opposed to realists like myself.

You don't come across very well, the way you seem to think you know all the ins and outs, you know what is happening, you tell us you know why we make signings. You're a bit of a know it all and you are starting to get peoples backs up with your suggestions that you know more than others on here.

What I mean is everyone has different opinions on who they want, even the ones that seem impossible to attract, but if it's someone they haven't even acknowledged, it's not really a promising prospect for the club.

GH has failed in every department. So the job isn't done.

I also think there's gonna be a lot of people on here who'll be disappointed in the next appointment. I think there's too many fantasists on here as opposed to realists like myself.

You don't come across very well, the way you seem to think you know all the ins and outs, you know what is happening, you tell us you know why we make signings. You're a bit of a know it all and you are starting to get peoples backs up with your suggestions that you know more than others on here.

Why did you cut the rest of the quote that explained why I feel that way?

Has he now? I think he's doing pretty well with lowering the wage bill, which I think would have been one of the main things to do in his short time here.

Well actually I don't think he has, but what's that got to do with what I said anyway? :?

I repeat, it doesn't matter how many people acknowledged or wanted a managerial candidate, all that matters it that WHOEVER they appoint does a good job.

No doubt you'll find some way to link this to Houllier when I'm just talking about managerial appointments in general. :|

We won't see trophies for a while. The board currently have no ambition.

dont be ridiculous.

They thought it was perfectly fine that GH fielded a weak team in the Eastlands when the next round was Reading at home. They showed no signs of anger when it happened and I don't even think the club apologised despite the fact the FA cup is important to us, especially considering our neighbours won the Carling Cup just days before it. No excuses to do it when we only had two PL games in the months that were two weeks apart and we lost both games anyway. It made no logical sense whatsoever. It was bloody embrassing that we looked so weak and didn't even care infront of all the ITV spectators. The fact the manager said he would do it again and the club would still continue to back him if he didn't fall ill speaks volumes.

It's bloody obvious that all the club is concerned about is staying in the top league while trimming the wage bill and spending less on transfers. They've shown no signs whatsoever of wanting another trophy in the cabinet this season and I doubt they will for a fair while.

Please tell me what you're on dude, coz I want to make sure I stay well away from it...

The Board lack ambition? £24m spent on Darren Bent (doubling our previous record), £30m spent in the January transfer window, is that lack of ambition? Does money grow on trees in your world or something?

Oh and get over the loss to Cithe in the cup, we'd never have beaten Utd in the semi's anyway, and I don't know about you but I'm sick of going to Wembley and losing, its a crap day out.

We could've played Bolton or Stoke...

I would like Benitez, big name manager (know across the world surely) experience of managing big clubs in big competitions. Bit unsure of his track record or transfers (Lucas? Babel? few dodgy ones, but Torres is postive)

benitez linked again. im still unsure if i wnat him or not. i certainly think though he wont be any worse than houllier has been

This would be a grave day, it would pain me to renew a season ticket to watch that clown.

I just can't see the board going for Benitez. A foreign manager whose best days are probably behind him with strong links to Liverpool. Too similar to Houllier.

My only break from the Villa in the last 30 years was when Schmeichel played for us. If Benitez were appointed I would stay away again.

One thing that many seem to forget is that he is a pretty shit manager as well.

benitez linked again. im still unsure if i wnat him or not. i certainly think though he wont be any worse than houllier has been

This would be a grave day, it would pain me to renew a season ticket to watch that clown.

This! I like to think of myself as a fairly easy going sort of guy but even being linked with that idiot is winding me up to breaking point. Please, please, please NO!

My only break from the Villa in the last 30 years was when Schmeichel played for us. If Benitez were appointed I would stay away again.

I think the guy is a grade A clearing in the woods, but how can you call a manager that has won 2 La Liga's, a C.L and a Uefa cup a shit manager?

I think the guy is a grade A clearing in the woods, but how can you call a manager that has won 2 La Liga's, a C.L and a Uefa cup a shit manager?

No idea about La Liga.

CL and UEFA Cup are easily won tournaments nowadays, with the right amount of resources, and the all important membership of 'the club' in the first instance.

On the former, at half time do you think that he gave an inspirational speech at half time, or was sat their wringing his hands?

But then he was lucky, so maybe we want a lucky manager...

More to the point. Why did you stay away because of a player that played for us?

A Manure legend who had the foul stench of that club about him. The line was drawn for me.