Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I mean I thought his performances weren't up to scratch, he was off the pace a little.

Ok against wigan, about the best player on the pitch at old trafford, decent against fulham and only let down by a stupid lunge at Blackpool. But surely if he was off the pace only a run of games will get him up to pace?

I mean I thought his performances weren't up to scratch, he was off the pace a little.

Ok against wigan, about the best player on the pitch at old trafford, decent against fulham and only let down by a stupid lunge at Blackpool. But surely if he was off the pace only a run of games will get him up to pace?

Thats your opinion, others may not share it. He was crap against Wigan imo. (just an example)

Below par maybe Bicks, I think crap is a little harsh consideriing it was his first game in a different league on what is quite frankly an unacceptable surface. I can see where you're coming from though.

Thats your opinion, others may not share it. He was crap against Wigan imo. (just an example)

He did injure his calf/groin in the first minute though? Surely he deserves some credit for attempting to play through it and not exactly playing 'crap' - it's not as if it cost us any points either.

Well thanks for that bicks I thought the forum was generally about opinions otherwise a fact based forum would be generally boring with little discussion. I was just giving my opinion. Do you have anything else that's obvious that you might not think I'm aware of?

Below par maybe Bicks, I think crap is a little harsh consideriing it was his first game in a different league on what is quite frankly an unacceptable surface. I can see where you're coming from though.

Crap, he was crap. People just won't admit it because it was his debut. People like to put a positive spin on things, I understand that but its not what I'm about, I call it like I see it, he didn't play very well at all. The pitch didn't hamper anyone either, not once did I think this is a shit pitch, ball bounced true and ran well, don't remember a single bobble. There seems to be a rule that if its a player you like the sound of that he can't play crap on his debut, he did, he's slowly improving. Man Utd was always going to be his game (they are quite pedestrian in the centre of the park), Blackpool was always going to be a tough one for him, he will struggle against the more "industrious" sides, thats what he has to get used to. I suspect he'd have been good against Blackburn because Pires was and if Pires can cope with the pace, I'm sure Makoun can. I think he'd struggle against Bolton next week, he needs to play against those sides to get used to it because about 50% of the teams he'll come across will play a game he'll need to adapt to. Just my 10 cents I suppose. I think he'll be good for us, I think he'll take time to adjust though but I'm not going to guild the lily and say he's good when he wasn't.

He did injure his calf/groin in the first minute though? Surely he deserves some credit for attempting to play through it and not exactly playing 'crap' - it's not as if it cost us any points either.

Did he? I think that was a bit of blarney tbh. I watched it back and could see no sign of this mysterious first minute injury, never saw him ask for treatment the entire time he was on the pitch. I just think that was a bit of cover up tbh which is fine, don't have a problem with it but I don't actually believe it

Did he? I think that was a bit of blarney tbh. I watched it back and could see no sign of this mysterious first minute injury, never saw him ask for treatment the entire time he was on the pitch. I just think that was a bit of cover up tbh which is fine, don't have a problem with it but I don't actually believe it

Strange thing to be skeptical about, if you're making your debut I personally would try to play through it and impress. Fair enough if that's your opinion though.

People are not cutting the lad much slack. Patrice Evra's debut for Utd against city was the worst debut I have ever seen. i can't understand people having a go based on the wigan game.

So, you say that Evra's debut was the worst you've ever seen but by inference he turned out to be a good player (few would disagree). Why is it then, when I say Makoun had an awful debut, I'm having a go? Can he simply not have had an awful debut?

Â