Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but although its a massive amount. It is only the money from the milner sale and I would think that the makoun money has come from sidwell, shorey, davis leaving etc.Possibly others leaving. Are we really splashing out or just spending whats in the pot?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sunderland forum RTG when down so much this afternoon. It got that bad, that apparently at one point they banned anyone just lurking as a visitor so that their fans could get on and give Bent some grief.

And we thought we'd have meltdown here? haha

Incredible read though!

Rumour on BBC site is that Chelsea are planning a hijack.

Has this got to the stage where it's hijack-proof?

You'd think Bent would be crazy to join Chelsea from a career perspective, but if he fancies earning more money, living in London and sitting on the bench at Champion's League games...???

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but although its a massive amount. It is only the money from the milner sale and I would think that the makoun money has come from sidwell, shorey, davis leaving etc.Possibly others leaving. Are we really splashing out or just spending whats in the pot?

I think its proberly always been there, just that he did not trust Martin with it.

And i think more are coming, because this signing is a statement of intent 8)

You'd think Bent would be crazy to join Chelsea from a career perspective, but if he fancies earning more money, living in London and sitting on the bench at Champion's League games...???

Is passing a medical, agreeing terms and looking at flats in the Birmingham area enough to suggest he'll sign ?

I think a mixture of the two.. Do i think we'd have spent 24m if we were higher up the table? No.

We probably would have spent it across a few players to strengthen the squad and remove the drab. But i think our position and talking to GH has convinced him what we all knew we needed. A Striker AND get rid of the drab, it just reamins to be seen what happens in the summer, a few more in over the jan window will be fantastic. Then maybe in the summer we'd only need a GK and a midfielder [presuming we get a LB, CB, Adam this window and keep Downing and Young]

I believe we've had the pot and a few million (10-15m?) from Randy aslong as we save on wages

I think the deal is done.

I think the delay in announcing it, is to allow Sunderland to save some face with their enraged support.

SAFC's third choice striker. £24m is excellent business. He may score a goal or two but you need more than that to get your team out of a relegation scrap.

Gyan and Welbeck will do nicely for the weekend's game. £24m to spunk on a couple of players will boost European credentials.

Third choice striker :lol:

Behind a striker who isn't even yours (Welbeck) and a striker who has only just joined and can be found on the bench more often than not?

Don't be so bitter.

Edit: and it's 19m cheers not 24.

The Chelsea hijack rumour linked on BBC appears to be risible fanfic written by a teenager on noted source of credible investigative journalism "caughtoffside.com"

That Sunderland thread is prob. basically identical to the x number of pages of "lol as if Barry would go to City" on here two summers ago, I feel a bit bad for them

Just to ask, is the transfer fee £18 million or £24 million or 18 rising to 24 million and on what condition are they?

18 mill is reasonable for Bent, but 24 is over the top IMO.

Doesn't really matter too much for Villa though really, we care more about wages and we've had money left over to spend from the £30 million Citeh gave us.

As long as Bent scores the goals, I don't think Bent's price has too much significance, we've been crying out for a player like this for years. Also shows how bad MON was in the transfer market when he could have got him for £10-15 million.

Just on a side note, I think Sunderland fans, in general, have taken the news really really well. I know for sure if the roles were reversed, Villa fans would be fuming. I just hope Sunderland don't invest the money we give them on great players, I hope Bruce wastes the money on another player like Gyan (don't rate him).

Reading the start of the Bent thread on the Sunderland forum gave me a flashback to when we all first found out about Barry moving to Citeh on VT. Everybody was in sheer disbelief and refused to believe it was true.

SAFC's third choice striker. £24m is excellent business. He may score a goal or two but you need more than that to get your team out of a relegation scrap.

Gyan and Welbeck will do nicely for the weekend's game. £24m to spunk on a couple of players will boost European credentials.

Third choice striker?

lol

behave

Bottom line is - countless bent threads makes us look like bitter bastards

as someone on here said earlier - we are a medium club - they are a big club - they sign 24million strikers we will sign Kenny Miller. He's a class act and has a goal ratio of less than 1 in 2 for s'land. No matter how people try and convince themselves that vile have fecked up here - sadly it aint true

This Blues one fills me with a warm, fuzzy combination of schadenfreude, grudging respect and the scarcely perceptible nagging terror that he might be wrong

Third choice striker? theres a reason your boards went down when news broke and that its been all over the news.

Welbeck is

A) Not yours and never will be

B) Injured for 6 weeks

Gyan is good, not proven properly yet, had a good world cup and been okay so far. you need a new striker and fast. Good Luck. Robbie Keane's free I've heard.

SAFC get screwed over in the transfer market more than we do so good luck with your European credentials.

Come on mate, Bent was your first choice striker and you know it.

Just like Barry was our first choice central midfielder, as was Milner a year later.

I'm sure you'll reinvest the money wisely.

(Also.. we've easily got the players to climb away from a relegation battle)

Come on mate, Bent was your first choice striker and you know it.

Just like Barry was our first choice central midfielder, as was Milner a year later.

I'm sure you'll reinvest the money wisely.

(Also.. we've easily got the players to climb away from a relegation battle)

Theyve just realised that they are not as big as they thought they were :lol:

According to your OS

He has played 19 scored 8

Gyan played 18 scored 6

Wellbeck played 20 scored 6

Those stats pretty much show Bent is your main threat.