Trainer snobbery

trimandson

Good or bad?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Good or bad?

• Good
    • Bad

Bad because being ina professional industry I have to wear shoes for 40+ hours/week so when i'm not at work I want to be able to wear whatever I want on my feet and thus trainer snobbery is a bad thing as it impacts on the comfort of my footwear on weekends!

Own a very nice pair of Merrell shoes (or is it Merrill, not sure), so comfortable, brilliant shoes.

It's Merrell, and they really are great. I had a pair once, and loved them. Will definitely buy Merrells again, and this thread riminds me that it's time to get a new pair of shoes for spring.

For all those who work for the companies that make em, good, on the whole, apart from sweatshops. For those who buy em... Wear em when you're training, and wear shoes when you're not, or look a clearing in the woods. In my eyes, anyway. But then, it's been years since I've seen the adjective 'fashionable' as a compliment.

Thats abit strong, so u wear shoes with Jeans?

Tom, I wear a kind of hybrid style of footwear with jeans, but yes, it is difficult to find something that goes. Most trainers just don't go with jeans (for me anyway), but neither do a pair of finely crafted brogues. It is a delicate balance I concede. I actually choose legwear (jeans/cords/flannels/slacks with elasticated waistbands) to go with shoes, rather than buying my legwear and finding nothing appropriate to wear with them.

I see people with tastefully put together attire, perhaps a delicate blend of natural shades, rounded off by a pair of shiny man made fibre trainers, perhaps with enormous white soles, or bright red stripes. It makes me want to point the chap in the direction of a fine cobbler for a footwear education.

Guest RantinRob

I'm with Ant............I only have one pair and I only wear em when I go to watch our nipper play footy on a Sunday (because they'l get muddy)

Blokes over a certain age look well **** sad in trainers

Tried all makes of trainers and Adidas are the best, well made and last for ages and ages.

Adidas are the king of quality trainers.

I have 3 pairs.

One pair of the 'Goodyear' ones for every day use, a pair of Adidas 'Mactelo' for going out to the boozer etc and a pair of the 'Yohji Yamamoto' designed Y-3 Adidas which I aquired recently only to be worn once in a blue moon.

Trainer snobbery rules.

got three pairs

one of those warm walking pairs for walking and watching Aston on a Saturday

one pair of Total 90s for Astro turf - to use when playing on Astro turf

one pair for playing squash / badminton / going in the gym

I reckon only the last one really qualify as trainers

Â