People travelling by train

Grogan_Avfc

Is it true that the tube line from Euston to seven sisters is closed on saturday?

If so what tubes/trains will I need to take to get there as an alternative route?

Help much appreciated :D

I wrote this reply in the social:-

Were doing the train to Euston aswell. Engineering works are scheduled for the Northern line from there, so we are walking to Euston Square to catch another train to Liverpool street, then the tube to White heart lane.

Ive been looking at tube maps and stuff and I cant make head nor tail of it lol, this looks a straightforward route tbh, cheers.

Apparently there are replacement buses going direct to seven sisters but :notsure:

Thats the tube for you lol.

There is a bus shuttle service as you point out, but im not risking it. Traffic is usually horrendous, so its easier to walk to Euston Square and get the tube to Liverpool Street, then the train to White Heart Lane.

My lad has spent a bit of time in North London, so i trust his intstructions. I just hope Glasgow is not to cold :lol:

[

For anyone needs to know whats what from Spurs website

TRAIN SERVICES

All services to and from Cambridge/Hertford East will be formed by eight carriages and will serve Northumberland Park approximately three hours before and 2 hours after the game.

Services to/from White Hart Lane will run to an improved frequency and the following journeys will be formed by eight carriages:-

Liverpool Street - Seven Sisters - White Hart Lane depart Liverpool Street at 12.20, 12.50, 13.00, 13.15, 13.20, 13.30, 13.45, 13.50, 14.00, 14.15, 14.20, 14.30

White Hart Lane - Seven Sisters - Liverpool Street depart White Hart Lane at 16.47, 16.57, 17.04, 17.12, 17.20, 17.27, 17.37, 17.48, 18.02, 18.17.

Enfield Town - White Hart Lane depart Enfield Town at 13.02, 13.32, 13.52, 14.02, 14.22, 14.32, 14.52

Cheshunt - White Hart Lane depart Cheshunt at 12.31, 14.01, 14.31

White Hart Lane - Enfield Town depart White Hart Lane at 16.57, 17.09, 17.23

White Hart Lane - Cheshunt depart White Hart Lane at 17.03, 17.17, 17.37

View the full timetable in pdf format...

VICTORIA LINE CLOSURE - THIS WEEKEND

The entire Victoria Line will be closed this Saturday as London Underground continues their full upgrade of the line as part of a multi-billion pound investment programme.

It is recommended that any supporters attending the match, kick-off 3pm, should travel by tube or train to Liverpool Street and catch the frequent National Express services from there to White Hart Lane.

Please note, London Underground tickets will be accepted on National Express services between Liverpool Street to Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale only.

Therefore, fans travelling any further than this (i.e. White Hart Lane and Northumberland Park) will require a valid National Express ticket.

Alternatively, fans can interchange from the Piccadilly Line at Finsbury Park or Manor House rather than in Central London, and use the Rail Replacement Bus Service to Seven Sisters station.

This Rail Replacement Bus Service will operate a northbound service from Bus Stop R at Finsbury Park station or Bus Stop D at Manor House station, and a southbound service from Bus Stop A at Seven Sisters station.

Passengers using the Piccadilly Line from Central London are advised to change at Manor House for the rail replacement bus service as overall journey times between Central London and the stadium will be quicker than changing at Finsbury Park.

London Underground tickets will be accepted on the following scheduled bus services:

· 259 between Finsbury Park and Seven Sisters

· 279 between Manor House and Seven Sisters

· 230 between Walthamstow Central and Seven Sisters

· 73 between King's Cross and Seven Sisters

· 476 between King's Cross and Seven Sisters

· 4 between Highbury & Islington and Finsbury Park

· 19 between Highbury & Islington and Finsbury Park

· 30 between Highbury & Islington and King's Cross (boosted service)

· 43 between Highbury & Islington and Holloway Road

· 271 between Highbury & Islington and Holloway Road

· 393 between Highbury & Islington and Holloway Road

For more information on this closure, please visit Transport for London or contact London Underground Customer Services by calling 0845 330 9880 or write to: Customer Service Centre, London Underground, 55 Broadway, London SW1H 0BD.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/travel/news/travel-update-villa-300910.html

[

For anyone needs to know whats what from Spurs website

TRAIN SERVICES

All services to and from Cambridge/Hertford East will be formed by eight carriages and will serve Northumberland Park approximately three hours before and 2 hours after the game.

Services to/from White Hart Lane will run to an improved frequency and the following journeys will be formed by eight carriages:-

Liverpool Street - Seven Sisters - White Hart Lane depart Liverpool Street at 12.20, 12.50, 13.00, 13.15, 13.20, 13.30, 13.45, 13.50, 14.00, 14.15, 14.20, 14.30

White Hart Lane - Seven Sisters - Liverpool Street depart White Hart Lane at 16.47, 16.57, 17.04, 17.12, 17.20, 17.27, 17.37, 17.48, 18.02, 18.17.

Enfield Town - White Hart Lane depart Enfield Town at 13.02, 13.32, 13.52, 14.02, 14.22, 14.32, 14.52

Cheshunt - White Hart Lane depart Cheshunt at 12.31, 14.01, 14.31

White Hart Lane - Enfield Town depart White Hart Lane at 16.57, 17.09, 17.23

White Hart Lane - Cheshunt depart White Hart Lane at 17.03, 17.17, 17.37

View the full timetable in pdf format...

VICTORIA LINE CLOSURE - THIS WEEKEND

The entire Victoria Line will be closed this Saturday as London Underground continues their full upgrade of the line as part of a multi-billion pound investment programme.

It is recommended that any supporters attending the match, kick-off 3pm, should travel by tube or train to Liverpool Street and catch the frequent National Express services from there to White Hart Lane.

Please note, London Underground tickets will be accepted on National Express services between Liverpool Street to Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale only.

Therefore, fans travelling any further than this (i.e. White Hart Lane and Northumberland Park) will require a valid National Express ticket.

Alternatively, fans can interchange from the Piccadilly Line at Finsbury Park or Manor House rather than in Central London, and use the Rail Replacement Bus Service to Seven Sisters station.

This Rail Replacement Bus Service will operate a northbound service from Bus Stop R at Finsbury Park station or Bus Stop D at Manor House station, and a southbound service from Bus Stop A at Seven Sisters station.

Passengers using the Piccadilly Line from Central London are advised to change at Manor House for the rail replacement bus service as overall journey times between Central London and the stadium will be quicker than changing at Finsbury Park.

London Underground tickets will be accepted on the following scheduled bus services:

· 279 between Manor House and Seven Sisters

· 230 between Walthamstow Central and Seven Sisters

· 73 between King's Cross and Seven Sisters

· 476 between King's Cross and Seven Sisters

· 4 between Highbury & Islington and Finsbury Park

· 19 between Highbury & Islington and Finsbury Park

· 30 between Highbury & Islington and King's Cross (boosted service)

· 43 between Highbury & Islington and Holloway Road

· 271 between Highbury & Islington and Holloway Road

· 393 between Highbury & Islington and Holloway Road

For more information on this closure, please visit Transport for London or contact London Underground Customer Services by calling 0845 330 9880 or write to: Customer Service Centre, London Underground, 55 Broadway, London SW1H 0BD.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/travel/news/travel-update-villa-300910.html

Well this is a help. Im more confused now than ever :lol:

Engineering works or also taking place on Chiltern Railways Birmingham to Marylebone route.

apparently you can get the train to oxford then from oxford to paddington so it adds a bit of extra time to your journey, but not the end of the world

best be able to do this anyway, cus they never mentioned anything about engineering works when i booked tickets with chiltern,

last time i use them anyway they seem to p1ss me about every time i book with them

gonna go down to snow hill at 4 to see what my options are

Engineering works or also taking place on Chiltern Railways Birmingham to Marylebone route.

apparently you can get the train to oxford then from oxford to paddington so it adds a bit of extra time to your journey, but not the end of the world

best be able to do this anyway, cus they never mentioned anything about engineering works when i booked tickets with chiltern,

last time i use them anyway they seem to p1ss me about every time i book with them

There is a warning about engineering works on their website but when I click the link it suggests that they have engineering works planned every Saturday and Sunday until the middle of december.

I've stated using National express coaches for London games. Their seldom more than half full, very comfortable and not much slower than Chiltern (2 hrs 10 to Finchley Road)

I managed to get a return for 14 quid by using their funfares in advance.

There is a warning about engineering works on their website but when I click the link it suggests that they have engineering works planned every Saturday and Sunday until the middle of december.

I've stated using National express coaches for London games. Their seldom more than half full, very comfortable and not much slower than Chiltern (2 hrs 10 to Finchley Road)

I managed to get a return for 14 quid by using their funfares in advance.

checked at the station and we can still get the 08:22, changing at oxford then onto London Paddington and the same on the way back so it doesnt add too much to the journey

certainly not as bad as i thought it would be earlier

but still i aint using Chiltern again, even if it aint up to them when the engineering works go ahead, every time ive booked with them for the footy they have been a waste of space

checked at the station and we can still get the 08:22, changing at oxford then onto London Paddington and the same on the way back so it doesnt add too much to the journey

certainly not as bad as i thought it would be earlier

but still i aint using Chiltern again, even if it aint up to them when the engineering works go ahead, every time ive booked with them for the footy they have been a waste of space

I'll remember that if you are on my train later this evening. ;)

"I'd like to thank everybody for travelling with Chiltern Railways today, except for that slowandlow fella off of VillaTalk, the ungrateful git!" :lol:

(And to continue in my Chiltern defence force role: The engineering works will be worth it when they are finished. You will be able to go from Moor Street to Marylebone in 1hr 40 next season.)

Â