08/09 FA Cup v Gillingham and Doncaster

08/09 UEFA Cup v Zilina, CSKA and Hamburg

09/10 FA Cup v Brighton and Blackburn

10/11 Prem v Fulham(a) and Blackpool(h)

10/11 FA Cup v Blackburn and Man City

And has made 42 appearances in all.

EDIT - correction.

Yeah...

Ok, we'll rule out his cup goals as they are not in the league and thus should not be counted as fact. There we go, two can play that game.

he's mainly played on the wing there though, so wouldn't be a fair reflection on the player

Yeah...

Ok, we'll rule out his cup goals as they are not in the league and thus should not be counted as fact. There we go, two can play that game.

he's mainly played on the wing there though, so wouldn't be a fair reflection on the player

I'll leave this to somebody else...! Impossible lol.

Its 11 starts for Villa according to a racing post website, which has the game by game detail and should be pretty reliable

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=49704&season_id=140

(Sorry forgotten how to do short links!)

So his record is:

League: 2 starts / 22 sub / 2 goals

FA Cup: 6 starts / 2 subs / 4 goals

League Cup: 3 subs / 0 goals

Other: 3 starts / 3 subs / 2 goals

I think it would be somewhat premature to write off a 20 year old with that record just because he hasn't secured a regular first team starting place. Based on the little I saw of Burnley I am not surprised he didn't score many. They looked like a poor footballing team to me on the all be it limited amount I have seen of them this year.

I would like to see him given a few games alongside Bent in pre-season. He hasn't 100% convinced me yet, but I think he probably has more potential than any of the others in that group that have broken through. Whether he fulfills it only time will tell, but definitely too early to be writing him off for me.

I would like to see him given that chance, with first team regulars around him too, not just when we decide to throw the towel in a play a full reserve side as we have in the various cups in the last few years. Get him alongside Bent and I'd like to see Delph with Reo Coker. I seem to remember when we played Blackburn in the FA cup and we had both Delfounseo and Delph on. We played some great stuff until Delph had to go off at half time as he had some sort of bug.

all he needs is a run of games in our first team and i'm convinced that he'd do the business, it was very poor man management to drop him after he scored against blackpool earlier this season

It was against Blackpool reserves. Nothing to brag about.

But doesn't really offer much different to what we have in Bent and Gabby apart from a bit more technical skill, his game is made mostly of the runs he tries to make, which is exactly what Bent and Gabby do. Heskey offers a way of holding up play more effectively [when hes on form]. Young in the middle trying to flick headers on never worked, he couldnt win headers and when he did he flicked the ball on to oppo defence, Heskey does it more effectively and is much stronger than our other strikers. He's not the best striker in the world obviously but he offers something different to our game if we need it.

If we lose Heskey we could do with another like him (hopefully a bigger goal threat though!)

all he needs is a run of games in our first team and i'm convinced that he'd do the business, it was very poor man management to drop him after he scored against blackpool earlier this season

It was against Blackpool reserves. Nothing to brag about.

do you think it was fair to drop him for the next game?

Let's be honest, The Fonz is superior to Heskey

Heskey should be offloaded and Nathan promoted to 3rd choice striker

agreed, personally i'd play him ahead of gabby who has been woeful this season

Gabby has been played on the wing so it hasn't been a fair reflection of the player.

Gabby has been played on the wing so it hasn't been a fair reflection of the player.

ok, when he has played up front, he has been woeful, happy now? he hasn't played much on the wing

Â