Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

2 months after getting the Man City job, my enthusiasm for this game has just completely died.

So I am now starting a new game as manager of Athletic Bilbao.

Bilbao is a great challenge, a good squad.. Take your time setting up the set pieces for Bilbao - this alone picked up major points for me through the season.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why people change teams halfway through a save, I don't think I've ever done it.

Yeah, I start a game because I want to do well with that club, if I want to go off and manage another club I'd just start another game.

Yeah but then you'll never get any regens in the game if you're starting a new game every 3 or 4 years.

That's the worst thing about the game, the regens. I've never gone past the 5th season in any games I've played, I just can't do it. I think it's the pictures that piss me off the most, wish they'd just put an asterisk or something next to their name.

Pretty sure you can disable the pictures for regens. My laptop occasionally does it automatically and then brings the faces back which is confusing and quite annoying.

I started (not sure if going to carry on yet) a game with Villa, having no internet....

I won 3 league titles, 2 fa cups, 3 league cups, 1 champions league, 1 european super cup, club world championship. 6 seasons. Just sold Bale but team last year was ..

Diego Alves

Walker Jones Kjaer Bale

Trapani (regs) Canales/Wilshere

Henrique Pastore Muller

Munian.

103 points, 33 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss. 126 or something scored. Beat Peterborough 10-0 one game.

Sort of want to build something huge and play for 20 years, in another way, I CBA....will see over next couple days but ground is being extended to 65kish so good chance to progress further.

In my Bilbao game just did pre-season last night. Using the same tactic I used on my last game that worked at every club rather than creating a new one.

Anyway, I literally scouted every basque player on the player search screen and put them all on my shortlist but not a single player worth signing wanted to come. I promoted one guy from the U19's as backup for 1st team and got rid of 3 1st team players but apart from that did nothing.

Sorted out my scouts, got rid of all but 1 and signed replacements and signed a few coaches who had working with youngsters at least +18. Got a new assistant manager too, let him do all the friendlies. Won all but the first (which was away to Arsenal).

Only played 1st league game which was away to Hércules. Won 6-0, Llorente got 4. Defence let them through a few times but they couldn't score. Deserved the win though.

With my Bilbao game I only signed 2 players in my first season and both were prospects 16/17 year olds who I put in the U19...

In my second season I signed Ander from Zaragoza for £7.5M and got Azpilicueta on loan as rotation in defence.

Cottbus in my save must've been taken over by a new owner because they smashed their record transfer fee for a 31 year old I had.. he isn't even that good they offered £5m for him but I managed to negotiate £8.75m and they accepted?! I think it was in installments but still happy with the price really, he did feature alot in the first team so it must've raised the price a bit.. checking their transfers and they seem to be spending alot of money too, so must be alot of ££££ given to the club.

Whatever you do.. do not let Muniain go at any price.

1st season transfers :

athleticclubtransfershi.th.png

2nd season transfers :

athleticclubtransfershi.th.png

I moved teams because i felt i took Tamworth all i could, i wanted a new challenge, in order to win trophies. Plus in the real, what manager stays at one club for years and years :S Surely you want to get different challenges, like from not being able to spend 500k on a player, to having an open cheque book.

I had a career like that on FM10, a game im still playing.

Started as Redditch, got relegated, hated it.

Myrthr Tydfill gave me their job and i got 10th in Season 1, 1st in season 2 to to get promoted into the Blue Sq Prem. Got a sucessive Promotion in 1st into League 2. After 3 seasons in league 2, including one playoff final loss my chairman sold 2 of my best players for 120k and didnt give me any money to spend. I got 2 promotions with £5 net spend..So I gave him an ultimatum for money and I left.

Took over Swindon in League 2, took me 2 seasons to get promoted to league 1. In my 3 season I won the St Johnstones Paint trophy for the first time in their history.

Championship strugglers Reading gave the the chance to save them so I left Swindon. I stayed for 36 days, lost every game and quit because they had about 7 games left to catch up 16 points and every player had zero morale.

Villareal C gave me their job to save them. I finished 16th. It was interesting though because obviously being the C team meant the players who played well for me were picked for the B team, so you always have shit players. I left at the end of the season for Ipswich, who had just struggled in the Championship but were expected to get promoted to the prem with a budget of 3 million..

I took it and got promoted thanks to a player who was signed prior my apppointment..he was scottish and i forgot his name, but he came from villa (regen). I then signed loads of Spanish kids I scouted for Villareal who were set to become good prem players.

I dabbled around middtable for 3 years, in my 4 I finished 15th with a F.A Cup win.

Next season I was going to get relegated, looked for jobs in the English leagues and the Man Utd job was 'unstable' because they were mid-table. I released a press comment saying I would like the job and they sacked the manager and offered me the job.

With Man Utd I have won 6 prem titles, 3 champs leagues, 3 league cups, 2 world club cups, 7 Community Sheilds and 2 Euro Club cups. I am now a legend.

England offered me the england job and I am now managing England and Utd. :lol:

Pretty good career I think!

That Ander guy is a future transfer already for next summer. Along with some other youngster I think.

Yeah and like you say you HAVE to keep your best players no matter what. Whereas on other games I would sell any player for the right price because you know you can sign a replacement. Won't be able to do that now :lol:

Dear Mr Clarke, please make Darren Bent as good as he should be on the next FM, he is annoyingly poor on this one, dreadfully inconsistent, which is one thing he isn't in real life.

I've only played one game with Bent, a Villa game, but I have to disagree with what you said.

In a front 2, him being an advanced forward alongside a deep lying forward he scored over 40 goals in both the 2 seasons I was manager winning Golden Boot in England & Europe both years. His goals won me the title.

Dear Mr Clarke, please make Darren Bent as good as he should be on the next FM, he is annoyingly poor on this one, dreadfully inconsistent, which is one thing he isn't in real life.

I've only played one game with Bent, a Villa game, but I have to disagree with what you said.

In a front 2, him being an advanced forward alongside a deep lying forward he scored over 40 goals in the 2 seasons I was manager winning Golden Boot in England & Europe both years. His goals won me the title.

I've been playing him up top by himself, with Downing, Young and Hazard behind, and whilst the team has been playing well, Bent has been poor. I've only had one season and haven't been able to replace Heskey yet, so I've been relectant to play two up top.

In a front 2, him being an advanced forward alongside a deep lying forward he scored over 40 goals in the 2 seasons I was manager winning Golden Boot in England & Europe both years. His goals won me the title.

I've been playing him up top by himself, with Downing, Young and Hazard behind, and whilst the team has been playing well, Bent has been poor. I've only had one season and haven't been able to replace Heskey yet, so I've been relectant to play two up top.

Just re-reading that and realised I made it sound like he scored 40 goals combined for both seasons whereas in fact he scored over 40 in each of the 2 seasons. Have edited my original comment.

I was going to start a Villa game but I think i'll wait now till the summer update (?) is out with the new transfers that will happen in the summer (here's hoping we actually buy good players and replace the right ones)

There will be an unofficial around eventually.

I've moved grounds whilst my one is being moved. Playing at a place called Scully Park, so I googled just to see if it existed. It does. It's in Tamworth, New South Wales.

Bit of a commute :lol:

My first two league seasons he scored 20 in each season in the league. Used him as target man "run onto ball"....played like a 4-2-3-1 and it worked quite well.

I think given his record, it's a pretty fair record. What are his sliders? run from deep at the highest is important..

Getting really pissed off with my Bilbao game. Coming into January it was between Real Madrid & I for top spot, usually changing every week. Then get into New Year and my defence turns shit! Top scorers in the league by a mile but because I am conceding ridiculous amounts I am losing games I should be winning easily.

Last 4 results have been 2-2, 2-3, 2-3, 3-4.

Â