Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

Struggling for form atm, defence is tight though, just struggling for goals.

Playing a 4-2-2-2 atm, but just not firing. Need a new formation with 2 up top and 2 wingers, but there isn't much else other than the formation I'm using unless I go crazy and play 3 at the back!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone needs a GK look for Lucas Veronese.. He is in OGC Nice Under 19... Can get him for £220k!

Very cheap, Scout reports says has the potential to be as good as Douchez (My first choice keeper) I reckon he'll do well for lower league teams and does turn out quality too so can be first choice for big teams too i'd imagine.

Worth a look at for the price really.

Into the playoffs.

Blew my chance to get autos, Lincoln and Hartlepool both lost on the final day, and I had a shit Aldershot team at home. But no, I lost 0-1. Ffs.

Back to back promotions :D

Beat Shrewsbury 5-3 on agg in the semis, the Port Vale 2-0 after extra time. Absolutely battered them, missed a pen in normal time aswell, thought I was never gonna score!

Absolutely hate League 1, hardest league to get out of by a mile.

Nice one and as for league one, have to agree. I always seem to be stuck in that one for 2/3 seasons. Am currently in Conference prem with Easteligh, picked up 20 players for free in a massive rebuild.

napolivderutainformatio.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Biggest scoreline yet! It was a friendly match.. enjoying my Napoli game, in my 2nd season.. got given a massive transfer budget (around £45m) Got a nice big wage budget too.

Got 2 new keepers; One on a free, one good prospect.

Defence, Midfield is all good.. and upfront got Lukaku to rotate with 2/3 other strikers.. still have like £30m odd to spend.. might just get top prospects and keep them in U20s squad.

In LLM my squads usually manage to last for 2 years. So 1st squad will get up from Blue Sq North and Blue Sq Prem. Then get a new squad for L2 & L1, and a new squad to get from Championship to Prem, but I always find it harder to sign players of good enough quality to get me up into Prem than I do to get players to get me up to Championship. If you know what I mean? :lol:

Yeah, the lower leagues are much easier, just simply because there are soooooo many players that are good enough. Obviously the higher you get, the less players there are. I think I'll be able to push on a fair bit next season, I have such a young squad with a lot of potential, so hopefully they improve this season and I can mount a promotion challenge.

Yeah, the lower leagues are much easier, just simply because there are soooooo many players that are good enough. Obviously the higher you get, the less players there are. I think I'll be able to push on a fair bit next season, I have such a young squad with a lot of potential, so hopefully they improve this season and I can mount a promotion challenge.

Yeah I get that obviously, just explaining my reasoning behind why I think Championship is harder than L1.

Yet you don't and you say that, sort of hypocritical if that's the right word.

Started a season with Villa - about 15 games in and doing well, sat 4th at the mo, about 5 points from top with a game in hand. Doing nicely in Europe as well.

I sold warnock, Beye, salifou and herd and got 6.5 million for them all, and bought Ochoa for 6.5 (surely he can come cheaper than that but they wouldn't accept, grr) and got Fabio from united on loan.

I'm scoring a lot but conceeding a few aswell, can anybody give me some tips on how to sure up the defence?? Getting a few injuries aswell and I havnt really altered it, made it less work if anything. Got Petrov, Dunne, L.Young, Walker and Heskey out for months! Mostly injured in games!

A bit stuck for a left footed striker, I like to have the option of playing a 4-4-2, and I know that playing a right footed CF on the right side is almost pointless, they hit every shot at the GK. I ideally wanted Babacar (I have 30 million) but him being right footed rules him out, thinking about Abel Hernandez but he's not really what I'm looking for, too similar to Araujo.

Why can't I postpone a game? 13 of my players have been called up form u21 duty and I am left with a group of 9 players yet still have to play a game :(

I have this problem aswell with my PSG game.. nearly all my squad are internationals.. luckily my reserves/U19 are capable of getting a result.

Â