Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

back to my Hull game.. I resigned from my post at Hull (beginning of the season was 2nd spot with 14 points - 1st has 15 points).. Mourinho took over Hull (LOL) and I was offered the real madrid post at £30,000 a week.. I took it, same squad really nothing changed etc besides Diarra went on a free and Hamsik is in the squad.

Quite suprising I got the job really as all I did was promote Hull to PL.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back to my Hull game.. I resigned from my post at Hull (beginning of the season was 2nd spot with 14 points - 1st has 15 points).. Mourinho took over Hull (LOL) and I was offered the real madrid post at £30,000 a week.. I took it, same squad really nothing changed etc besides Diarra went on a free and Hamsik is in the squad.

Quite suprising I got the job really as all I did was promote Hull to PL.

On one of my games Mick McCarthy became Real manager after just keeping Wolves in mid-table for a couple of seasons.

I think the thing that pisses me off the most about this game is that you have to change your tactic every like 10 games or so when the game becomes used to it. Find it boring tbh.

Fair enough if it's like half a season or what not, but it's just really bugging me now.

getting annoyed with agents now. a club makes an offer for one of my players, i reject it, and the player's agent demands a new contract, so i offer a new contract. then a club makes another offer for the player, i reject it, and the player's agent demands a new contract, despite the fact the player is still considering the one i've already offered.

This will sound pathetic but one thing I love is when you think "Mmmm, I need a defender" so you look at transfer list and EXACTLY the sort of player you were looking for is up for sale and I just love that, stroke of luck ahead of genius and strangely was the player I was thinking of for my team! (Jose Fonte for AFC Telford) and I got him for 275k :)

getting annoyed with agents now. a club makes an offer for one of my players, i reject it, and the player's agent demands a new contract, so i offer a new contract. then a club makes another offer for the player, i reject it, and the player's agent demands a new contract, despite the fact the player is still considering the one i've already offered.

Reject the request, player will say he's unhappy, usually if they are young enough telling them 'Prove to me on the pitch you deserve it' will keep them happy.

At the end of the transfer window sign them up to a contract for the longest time possible (normally 4.5 or 5 years).

I think the thing that pisses me off the most about this game is that you have to change your tactic every like 10 games or so when the game becomes used to it. Find it boring tbh.

Fair enough if it's like half a season or what not, but it's just really bugging me now.

Haven't had this problem, been using 4-2-3-1 for 2 seasons, won premier league twice and champions league second year.

Of course the great final results have been helped by me using real time editor to scout (I am trying to stop but sometimes when you need to find the right player in a hurry i just cant help myself) and lower man citys finances.

Have no idea why you are having this problem but maybe just rotating players and player roles might save you the headache of having to change tactics.

Reject the request, player will say he's unhappy, usually if they are young enough telling them 'Prove to me on the pitch you deserve it' will keep them happy.

At the end of the transfer window sign them up to a contract for the longest time possible (normally 4.5 or 5 years).

that's what i usually do, but after a while you can't reject the requests. the frustrating part is that i have actually offered the guy a contract that he's considering, yet the agent is still requesting i offer him a contract. it only happens with players that are in quite high demand when you have a few clubs continually making bids, it just bugs the agent into constantly requesting a new contract even if you've offered one.

i have two tactics that i use, my starting strategy which is quite attacking, and then another tactic with the same formation but with lower mentality, shorter passing & less creative freedom that i switch to to hold a lead. the AI seem to become pretty motivated after going a goal down sometimes so it's useful to have a more cautious strategy to switch to, and it makes it more difficult for them to get used to your style of play. i also have a slightly tweaked version of my main tactic that i use for away games or games against the big teams.

Half way point reached, I'm around 6th (just inside or just outside the playoff places) with Notts County and Joe is about 8 points above the relegation places.

Don't think I'll get promoted but I have an outside chance.

Got Peterborough in the northern final of the JPT.

EDIT: Febian Brandy is absolutely incredible for me, something like 25 in 23!

I've started as huddersfield.. Alex Smithies.. what a keeper!

Always my first signing when at a club who can afford him.

Just gonna say something about the game, this seems weird but I need to post it as I have double checked. In every single cup game post new patch I have had a defender either sent off or injured, or both. Always CBs too. Just weird.

(18 cup games since patch installed, 12 injuries, 10 red cards)

Â