Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark has been my most consistent performer for 2 seasons, always gets in the defence (ahead of mamadou sakho to boot). None of his mistakes had ever led to a goal. Made him vice-captain and suddenly he cant tackle to save his life. :(

I've done it before and it is quite good always try and bring through my own players that also play in my club side too though, get worried if i dont bring them through then they'll start getting annoyed at me lmao..

Just lost out on the job to Candleface

Has anyone tried managing England? I'm done with Q.P.R save I promoted them to the premier league, Aston Villa I don't want to start a new game until the update.. has anyone tried managing England? is it fun/worth it?

I don't find International managment fun, too long between games is the main reason

Villa finally saw the light on my game and sacked Houllier (he almost got Villa relegated on the game too!) then hired Southgate as manager.

Some hirings can be quite odd on FM, at the moment Johan Neeskens is managing Cardiff.

In terms of a network game, I could do it, although whoever has the best computer should run it basically and should without being harsh be the 3/4 most 'dedicated' players for specific times, any more than that and it'd just be ridiculously. I don't mind not being involved but I know how to set one up, so if there is movement on that front, I'll fill you in me included or not.

Won the double with Q.P.R in the semi final now of the FA Cup.. On my way to win my first treble ever!

I have declared interest in the watford job, they are 22nd in the championship and if I get the job i'll hopefully do the same there. Will be sad to leave Q.P.R though but I don't want to manage in the PL :(

I took my Villa team to Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League glory in my 3rd season. My starting line up was largely Ochoa; Richards, Davies, Zapata, Gibbs; Reo-Coker, Medunjanin; Young, Downing; Dzeko, Agbonlahor.

Just before the Champs League final I got offered the Man Utd job with a salary of £115k per week, a wage budget of £3.5m per week and a transfer budget of £150m quid (they've been bought out by an Argentinian consortium). I delayed, then accepted after the final. My new team there is De Gea; Walker, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Rodwell, Pastore; Ninis, Di Maria; Rooney, Aguero. Things have started brightly but I'm getting tired of this career now. Want to get the update and start again with a new challenge...

Anyone else disappointed with this effort by SI? Match engine seems extremely poor with the gap in class between good and average being too big meaning the upset is almost impossible. Tactics seem irrelevant with certain tactics again being clearly better than others and if your players don't fit these tactics then tough. Too many basic errors by players such as defenders not being goal side from a deep set piece yet one guy playing everyone onside. Players also find space far too easily and have too much time on the ball. Researchers seem keen to overrate their players (don't include andy clarke in this) epsecially arsenal and spurs.

Still think this is by far the best management game around and still a very good game but my interest is ebbing away and don't think this one is as good as previous games. Shame as added bit like agents and conversations are both things I like. Hopefully the next will be more of an update with efforts concentrated on bringing areas of the game up to scratch and not on incorporating new features (can't see what else to include anyway).

Â