Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to do a Villatalk league, maybe even create our own clubs, share the file. do an online game

I am going to give a conference north / south team a sugar daddy, cannot decide who... so next person to post please choose any north or south conference team for me to have fun with :P

Finished my 7th season with Solihull Moors

Championship: 17th

FA Cup: 3rd Rnd.

League Cup: 1st Rnd.

Season didn't start of great. Losing to QPR, then losing at home to Bournemouth in League Cup. Picked up a bit after that but the season was the same all the way through. Comfortable mid table. Never in danger of being relegated and never really in with a shout of play-offs.

Pretty boring season all in all.

Revamped my squad, as usual. Got in: Andros Townsend, Sean Scannel, Bradley Orr, Thorgen Hazard & Jay Bothroyd amongst others. Had 3 strikers and none could find the back of the net.

Brought in £1.5 million through transfers sold.

Hopefully will be same story. Improve squad more and win league. Here's to hoping. :lol:

Just finished my first season with Villa. Scrapped 4th on goal difference and won the europa league. However was quite embarassingly knocked out of the Fa cup and league cup in the 4th round both times by lower league oppossition. Bought Ross Forbes, Mr Witsel, Oscar Cardozo and Dodo. Best first season i've ever had, second season syndrome kicking in though :s

I'm near the end of my second season with Villa. First season I shockingly won the league! Didn't do too well in the cups, Europa League was ok. My signings included Lukaku, Defour, Mavuba and Nathaniel Clyne but on the whole it was the Villa squad. Had a few reserves like Darron Gibson and Jenas on loan and also had a striker called Jelle Vossen as back up. I also brought in a Bosnian midfielder called Haris Medunjanin who is absolutely amazing. Won on the last game of the season as Arsenal lost at Chelsea.

This season it's looking like Chelsea's title with 8 games to go. They've only lost once (at VP) and conceded 14 goals (3 at VP). I've lost 3 times and am in 3rd. Have won the Carling Cup and am in the FA Cup semis against Forest and the Champs League quarter finals against Marseille. My summer signings were Ochoa, Zapata, Micah Richards and Dzeko. I brought in a few reserves (including Afellay and Rakitic - who ony lasted 6 months before I flogged him off) and youngsters too.

My tactics have changed over time but I've settled on a tweaked 4-4-2 with Mavuba as a ballwinner and Medunjanin as a playmaker in a support role. I've got Young and Downing in the winger positions and Gabby as an advanced forward (and target man to run onto the ball) and Dzeko the same role. Seems to be paying off! The odd away game goes awry though and high scoring draws against crap teams is costing me this season in the league.

I created my own training schedules that are improving my players too. I'm happy to upload my training and tactics if anyone thinks they'd have a go with them. Would be intrigued to see how you get on...

Â