Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite a perk! Why did you ask?

I'm a massive Fabian Delph fan, he has got something about him just the way he moves across the pitch and is able to wriggle out of situations with the ball. I just pray that he comes out of his injury the same player, he will be proper player and like a Rolls Royce in the middle of the park.

Nathan Delfouneso has absolutely bags of potential, but he is just coming to that dangerous time where he has got to walk the walk or he'll find himself scrapping around League One and wondering where it all went wrong. Incidentally, I've tried to replicate that in FM. I still have plenty of faith in him though, I just wish the door would open for him a little more often.

As for the rest of the older lads, I think Albrighton will get found out, this is already happening in games, his all action style can only get him so far and whilst I think he should find himself a Premier League player, I'm not of the opinion that he'll hit the heights that some people see for him. Bannan is too small, technically great but I just don't see him forcing his way into a top level team regularly. Clark I think will pull up a touch short, think Cahill but perhaps not quite as good, I've been watching him for years and he has been a tremendous leader of Men (well, boys!) through the years but I just don't quite think he'll have enough. Nathan Baker will be ruined by injuries and make a career as an aggressive centre half down the levels. James Collins is nothing like good enough but will find a level at somewhere around League Two, perhaps a touch higher and be a regular scorer who isn't capable of stepping up.

Below that of course Gary Gardner is the main man and provided he can come back and fit will be a Premier League midfielder, obviously so much rests on the next year of his career. I like Derrick Williams, definitely has a chance of making it, Carruthers is a very good player but I think he's struggling a bit to find the correct position, Daniel Johnson has been impressive this season looks a good player. Not seen much of Barton, Drennan or Burke but all of them and Burke in particular have had a good start.

Below the U18 level I don't know a great deal, I've heard nothing but good things about Jack Grealish but I am yet to see him play. Jordan Graham was the standout player for England U16 in the Victory Shield and appears to have some serious ability on the ball, but like most kids of his age his decisions are perhaps not the greatest. That said, he is as impressive a winger on the ball as I have seen at that level and that includes the likes of the much talked about Raheem Sterling. Callum Robinson has made the step up to U18 level and notched a couple of goals, not seen a great deal of him but it is great to see a young lad step up and take his opportunity.

Weimann?

Weimann?

Forgot about him, it was very late!

I'm undecided to be honest, he has that knack of being in the right place at the right time and he certainly has the work rate and desire. Again, I'm not convinced that this is enough to go on and be a top level player, as stupid as this sounds it may depend on how he fares (and if he scores) if he was to be given 10 appearances. If I was pinned down for an answer I'd say that he could do something similar to say Matt Derbyshire who did quite well for Blackburn and bagged himself a few goals but ultimately they didn't quite thing he was good enough to take them forward.

Weimann?

I'm undecided to be honest, he has that knack of being in the right place at the right time and he certainly has the work rate and desire. Again, I'm not convinced that this is enough to go on and be a top level player, as stupid as this sounds it may depend on how he fares (and if he scores) if he was to be given 10 appearances. If I was pinned down for an answer I'd say that he could do something similar to say Matt Derbyshire who did quite well for Blackburn and bagged himself a few goals but ultimately they didn't quite thing he was good enough to take them forward.

Poor lad, wouldn't wish playing for the Blues on anyone

Weimann?

What are your thoughts on Lichaj? A few months ago i would have given him no chance but been hearing a lot more positives about him off late

Solid enough at the levels he has played, I find that fullbacks are about the hardest position to give a decent opinion on at any level. There job is thankless in some respects and they are always on the periphery of the game but are vital in both directions. Warnock absolutely kills us when he falls asleep, which seems to happen game after game and Luke Young has a tendency to be a headless chicken at times and the ball gets played around him that said he is solid and knows his position inside out.

I'm not sure I see Lichaj as a Premier League player, but I'm not suprised to see him signing a new contract. I think he is good enough to do a job when called upon without ever likely to be an Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson type where you can almost build a large amount of attacking play around him. He's versatile and has shown he is up to League football physically but it remains to be seen whether he has the nous to go with the position when Aaron Lennon or Nani is flying down the wing at him.

Luke Young is certainly a headless chicken for me at the moment, giving away plenty of goals and when its not him its Warnock, I only have 1 competative clean sheet so far. I think i am paying for my transfer dealings spent all my money on Suarez and restructuring the wage budget, he is on fire with 5 goals and an average of a 7.8 but with coker out the midfield is getting over run and dunne suspended and davies injured is less than ideal.

Albrighton is a beast though he has got 5 goals & 3 assists in 7 games and in pre season he got 4 goals in 4 games, shame i can't get the same out of Ashley Young.

Solid enough at the levels he has played, I find that fullbacks are about the hardest position to give a decent opinion on at any level. There job is thankless in some respects and they are always on the periphery of the game but are vital in both directions. Warnock absolutely kills us when he falls asleep, which seems to happen game after game and Luke Young has a tendency to be a headless chicken at times and the ball gets played around him that said he is solid and knows his position inside out.

I'm not sure I see Lichaj as a Premier League player, but I'm not suprised to see him signing a new contract. I think he is good enough to do a job when called upon without ever likely to be an Ashley Cole, Glen Johnson type where you can almost build a large amount of attacking play around him. He's versatile and has shown he is up to League football physically but it remains to be seen whether he has the nous to go with the position when Aaron Lennon or Nani is flying down the wing at him.

I'm glad Lichaj will never be Glen Johnson, because he's shit!

if you want an easy game choose peter'bro have done 3 holiday games when out of the house and each time they have topped league 1 at the end of the demo, leaked about 11 goals and scored 55, losing no games - this is in all 3 holiday games!!

What formation are you using and how are you using Gabby?

Playing 4411

Gk - Goalkeeper - Defend

DR - Full Back - Auto

DCR - Limited Defender - Defend

DCL- Limited Defender - Defend

DL - Full Back - Auto

MR - Winger - Attack

MCR - Ball Winning Midfielder - Support

MCL - Ball Winning Midfielder - Support

ML - Winger - Attack

AMCL - Advanced Playmaker - Attack

STCR - Poacher - Attack

Philosophy - Balanced, Starting Strategy - Attacking

Striker as target man - run onto ball.

Creating lots of CCC's, just not putting them away. Gabby has 4 goals & 4 assists in 12 appearances in all comps. Av Rat of 7.10.

Just started one with Brighton, well am 6 weeks in and have had to register players for the season and those I don't are unable to play, I thought this was not a rule for the lower leagues? quite a few loans have gone through at league clubs recently. So I got a player on loan from Blackpool but he now cannot play. Anyway know if this is actually league rules too?

Â