Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I STILL wouldn't dismiss Moyes just yet.

5 days... I mean a week, is a long time in football.

Why would Moyes leave Everton for Villa? I don't even think he would leave if Man Utd came sniffing. He's about as loyal as a manager can get and we are too much of a side step.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prefences for me

Ist choice Hughes

2nd choice Jol

3rd choice Sven

Outside choice Hoddle

Wouldn't want Hughes to be honest. If he can walk out on Fulham so quickly, doesn't say much for his morals, especially after he was treated at Man City. I think he will stay.

I would happily take, Jol, Sven or Klinsman. Slighty sceptical about Bob Bradley, however I would obviously give him my backing if he came.

Any idea on how the search is going MM?

Bob Bradley = non league semi pro level. If he got the job I'd love to see the competition, a butcher, tesco express manager and a housewife from Hull?

Really?? I think you're a tad harsh with that one. He managed an International side and did a good job. Not saying I want him, however to say he is non league standard, is a little extreme.

Prefences for me

Ist choice Hughes

2nd choice Jol

3rd choice Sven

Outside choice Hoddle

These are preferences but who do you think we will end up with? Based on your inside track of hearing the inner workings.

Do you think this Bob Bradley rumours are true?

Prefences for me

Ist choice Hughes

2nd choice Jol

3rd choice Sven

Outside choice Hoddle

Wouldn't want Hughes to be honest. If he can walk out on Fulham so quickly, doesn't say much for his morals, especially after he was treated at Man City. I think he will stay.

I would happily take, Jol, Sven or Klinsman. Slighty sceptical about Bob Bradley, however I would obviously give him my backing if he came.

I think Hughes would have fitted us perfectly but I agree I can't see him leaving Fulham think our ex manager has scuppered that one by his timing .

Jol or Sven would be good both understand English players and our league and both have great contacts in the footballing world . Sven for me gets a lot of stick but think his record stands up against anyone's should never have been given the bullet at City .

Hoddle real outside bet just think he is such a good coach technically.

Have no idea how the search is going at all .

You "We've never heard of Bob Bradley so he's absolutely certain to be rubbish!!!!" guys make me laugh.

It's not about whether we've heard of him or not (some of us have). It's about his credentials, it's about his experience (or lack thereof). It's about the fact that we are a big enough club to attract a 'proven' manager (at least in the Euro leagues)!

Bradley did very well with the players at his disposal in the WC. Not saying I want him but this must be taken into account I think. whoever gets the job will get a good squad of players, most of them have hardly played so I would have thought they would have something to prove to us (and themselves).

You "We've never heard of Bob Bradley so he's absolutely certain to be rubbish!!!!" guys make me laugh.

The way I see Bradley is that he's done pretty well with a national team that not too long ago were considered as lame ducks because they call the sport "soccer".

Beating Spain in the semi of the Confederations Cup, and coming close against Brazil is a pretty good achievement.

So we can see from those sort of results that he can take a squad of players, identify the best players and the best system, and get them playing some decent football. Fair enough.

The only thing I would be sceptical about would be his transfer policy. As he's mainly known for his role with the USA and not before that in the MLS, none of us fans will really know what to expect when it comes to signings. Will he go all American?

Don't get me wrong, the US have some decent players. Michael Bradley, Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, even Oguchi Onyewu showed some decent defending in the World Cup. But he may also have high opinions on some of their more average players.

So whilst I'd prefer someone else like Klinsmann, Jol or maybe even Sven, I don't think Bradley would be disastrous for Aston Villa.

But it may be a disastrous PR move by Lerner and Faulkner.

Prefences for me

Ist choice Hughes

2nd choice Jol

3rd choice Sven

Outside choice Hoddle

I think Hughes would have fitted us perfectly but I agree I can't see him leaving Fulham think our ex manager has scuppered that one by his timing .

Jol or Sven would be good both understand English players and our league and both have great contacts in the footballing world . Sven for me gets a lot of stick but think his record stands up against anyone's should never have been given the bullet at City .

Hoddle real outside bet just think he is such a good coach technically.

Have no idea how the search is going at all .

I think our disabled fans may take issue with Hoddle being appointed. Technically one of the best, but a self rightwous pillock that I personally wouldn't want to see anywhere near VP

Prefences for me

Ist choice Hughes

2nd choice Jol

3rd choice Sven

Outside choice Hoddle

You get one life, and if there is something that you really want to do, you should set things aside.

Hughes is one of the brightest British managerial prospects. He has been unjustly cast aside by Man City and should be at a club that can be a vehicle for his talents.

Fulham are an excellent football club in many respects, but they are not that vehicle.

Prefences for me

Ist choice Hughes

2nd choice Jol

3rd choice Sven

Outside choice Hoddle

These are preferences but who do you think we will end up with? Based on your inside track of hearing the inner workings.

Do you think this Bob Bradley rumours are true?

Stick my neck out here and say I don't think the Bradley rumours are true at all !

I don't think Villa have made their mind up at all yet but I bet my first three are being considered . Sven I would think has to be favourite because of his availability and maybe on a 12 month lets see how you do contract . I wouldn't be against Sven at all .

Bob Bradley = non league semi pro level. If he got the job I'd love to see the competition, a butcher, tesco express manager and a housewife from Hull?

Really?? I think you're a tad harsh with that one. He managed an International side and did a good job. Not saying I want him, however to say he is non league standard, is a little extreme.

He's had a rather mediocre club career (at non league) MLS level. His international record is over egg'd, it aint all that.