The New Condem Government

bickster

Total speculation but it seems that the tory and lib dems have finished behind ukip, bnp and respect in rotherham . If true that would be massive. .......... Or is this just local radio shennanigans

Bnp got just over 3000 in the last Rotherham election and Tories around 6000

It's possible I guess , more so if lots of Tory votes go to UKIP

Not been a good day for cameron though tony would you admit assuming the rumours are true? Will there be a defection of a tory mp soon to ukip i wonder?

Was a rumour of 8 Tory MP's defecting to UKIP .. If they defect does it trigger an election in that area or do they stay an mp but under the new party ?

Was a rumour of 8 Tory MP's defecting to UKIP .. If they defect does it trigger an election in that area or do they stay an mp but under the new party ?

They stay an MP under the new party. It does tend to annoy their constituents who voted for them under their original party banner.

Talk is a 4000 Lab majority in Rotherham

IF true that's down 6000 votes

The interesting thing will be where those 6000 votes went , did they go to respect or UKIP ....

Are you assuming that the same number of people voted in general and by elections?

Ms Champion secured 9,866 votes, some 5,218 more than UKIP candidate Jane Collins who picked up 4,648 votes.

BNP candidate Marlene Guest came third with 1,804 votes, followed by Respect's Yvonne Ridley with 1,778 votes.

The coalition parties both struggled, with Conservative candidate Simon Wilson coming in fifth place, and Lib Dem Michael Beckett ranked eighth.

It could only be worse for the lib dems if they came 8th and only 7 candidates stood

Are you assuming that the same number of people voted in general and by elections?

Ahh good point , don't know what the voter turnout is at present but it looks lower based on number of votes cast

Edit:

33% turnout v 59% at 2010 GE

Very good results for labour. Terrible results for the tory party and surely the end for clegg and the lib dems. Ukip showed their hand how they run election campaigns in rotherham and will now start to become more visible as the grab votes at any cost party.

Two more deposits lost for the Lib Dems. Looks like the Tory UKIP deal may need a bit of thought Mr Cameron.

**** stupid idea IMO. Labour will piss the next election with 1997 majority levels at this rate. :|

Surely eames though a 'deal' with ukip exposes to all the tory party views on many right wing policies . Things that at the moment they prefer to hide. Cameron always has been and always will be a weak leader. He has only been able to survive as pm despite the ashcroft and hedge fund millions by screwing the lib dems who are not realistic long term political party any more while clegg continues to kill them. The coalition is a complete mess. You wonder how much longer clegg or cameron cam survive as leaders of their party

Very good results for labour.

Rotherham has been a Labour seat since before WWII, it was hardly a surprise they won - even though it was a greatly reduced majority. Boro' and Croydon are also safe seats but obviously overall it's what Miliband needed. That's 6 from 6 for Labour in the most recent by elections.

Terrible results for the tory party and surely the end for clegg and the lib dems.

Indeed, although I think calling it the end of Clegg and the Lib Dems is a little hyperbolic.

Ukip showed their hand how they run election campaigns in rotherham and will now start to become more visible as the grab votes at any cost party.

Lol. UKIP were handed a golden electoral opportunity by the political discrimination of Rotherham Council, every party would have used that to their advantage in the circumstances. Do you think those Rotherhamites who voted UKIP are closet racists?

But is a Tory party led by Boris electable? I really like the blokes but he has an air of the creepy drunk uncle about him. If he can't win me over as a natural conservative (although to the left of the racist, xenophobic, in bed with Murdochs bit) , what the hell will Northerners make of him.

Clegg is a turkey with an Advent calendar but who have they got that's any better?

UKIP'S best shot at getting MP's is to play the anti Tory but not the BNP line. Go after natural conservatives with an IQ above 60.

Where have i said that about rotherham ukip voters awol or are you trolling again? I wonder with how much vigour the local ukip and national party will now make the fostering thing such a big issue. Will they continue the tone of their election message and will they actually disclose even more right wing policies? I suspect you new that though.

As for the relative performances and state of the parties i maintain that labour did well, tory did very poor and using cleggs words when labour finished 5 th in henley the lib dems are finished. Their vote percentages from a party that has typically done well in by elections show that people no longer see them as a credible alternative while clegg continues to prop up the failing cameron.

On the UKIP results across three seats (and Corby a few weeks ago) I think it shows them on a steady vote of 10-15%, the 21+% in Rotherham clearly was in part a bounce related to recent events. Interesting that they have now finished above the Lib Dems in the last 4 by elections though. If they simply maintained a stead state in terms of popularity they will cost Cameron any chance he may have of a majority at the next GE. Having repeated his "closet racist" comments of 2006 the other day it's hard to see how any rapprochement of the centre right vote is possible under Cameron's leadership.

But is a Tory party led by Boris electable? I really like the blokes but he has an air of the creepy drunk uncle about him. If he can't win me over as a natural conservative (although to the left of the racist, xenophobic, in bed with Murdochs bit) , what the hell will Northerners make of him.

Clegg is a turkey with an Advent calendar but who have they got that's any better?

UKIP'S best shot at getting MP's is to play the anti Tory but not the BNP line. Go after natural conservatives with an IQ above 60.

boris will appeal to a lot who see the buffoon from hignfy and not look at his real thinking and maybe that is what ashcroft will turn to. I wonder if ukip can play that role though eames? As we saw this week with people like the guy talking about gays there are lot who maintain some quite right wing views which are not vote winners in a lot of cases

Where have i said that about rotherham ukip voters awol or are you trolling again?

No I'm not trolling Drat, merely asking the question based on your statement earlier in the thread that you agreed with Cameron that UKIP were fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists. You don't have to be so confrontational in your posting style btw, it would make for a much better discussion.

I'm interested to know which of UKIP's policies you find so offensive and why?

Â