Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Man, i can't keep up with these takeover consortiums or this damn thread! It's getting confusing with this Padfield guy saying he wants to bid more now. Prolonging the takeover of Aston Villa is not in the best interest of this football club.

He says he as billionaires behind him, well it's time to show exactly what they have on the table and why they are better than the Lerner group and their plans for Aston Villa, otherwise piss off and let us move forward!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denis, I'm interested in your comment that regulators might have been irritated by Padfield's comments yesterday.

Hypothetically, what sanctions could be placed on someone if they had irritated regulators in that way? Hypothetically, of course... ;)

Denis, I'm interested in your comment that regulators might have been irritated by Padfield's comments yesterday.

Hypothetically, what sanctions could be placed on someone if they had irritated regulators in that way? Hypothetically, of course... ;)

I think they can call him a VERY naughty boy and slap his legs :)

Not sure but I am certain one of our 'beancounting' buddies can help

If they havent looked at the books or signed confidentiality for Due Diligence surely there takeover would take a while to go through!!

Why cant they just bid then?? And stop wasting the clubs and our time!

This Padfield bloke didnt even bother coming back off holiday a few weeks ago to even attempt to sort a bid for us out. How can he have our best interests at heart????

"We are indefatigable in our efforts to secure the club because we have the club's interests at heart."

Indefatigable! The last time I heard that word was when George Galloway was grovelling to Sadam Hussain!! Perhaps it draws a comparison? :roll:

All Lerner has to do is announce what his projections are for the transfer kitty and all opposition will be in running mode

Wonder if he will.

He'd be stupid to do that.

Ellis was right about one thing, you don't tell your rivals how much money you have.

Totally correct. AV06 knows this and Randy knows this.

Padfield sounds like a desperate idiot who is using spoiling tactics. He was saying yesterday that he would back off if Lerner tells him that MON would have at least £30 mill to spend. Why would Lerner do that?? Lerner is the one who has the vision and wants to build for the future, including investing in the team. Padfield saying this morning 'we are not american' shows him up for the fool he is and now trying to join other consortiums.......sorry nicol-arse ......kindly p*ss off and stop making an idiot of yourself whilst delaying Villa's dreams.

Let's bombard the evening mail and Express and Star with emails of support for Randy to be the man and for Padfield to get stuffed!

And now they try and use patriotism in their argument. How desperate are they

I'll tell you why he's using this though , he must of watched that stupid cow that the BBC randomly interviewed in B'ham , who said "she felt it was a shame that a B'ham club was being sold to some Americans " ,oh shut up woman this "American" plans to do more for the club than anybody in over 20 years

Dont worry Lerner will be Villa chairman we just have a few more days to wait.

Of this I am totally confident. However, I do not like the way that the waters have been clouded from a fans perspective

Dont worry Lerner will be Villa chairman we just have a few more days to wait.

Of this I am totally confident. However, I do not like the way that the waters have been clouded from a fans perspective

Padfield wont be welcome in Aston that's for sure.

However, I do not like the way that the waters have been clouded from a fans perspective

I guess in an ideal world, all parties would have published their plans, and we (the shareholders) would have had a free, open and honest choice.

That obviously hasn't happened. We've had one bidder talking to a select few fans, we've had leaks, counter-leaks and denials in the local and national press.

But we're still (or at least I am) none the wiser on who will be the best going forwards for AVFC. And there's still no end to it in sight.

That obviously hasn't happened. We've had one bidder talking to a select few fans, we've had leaks, counter-leaks and denials in the local and national press.

What "select few fans" ?? He's spoken to fans groups which is alot more than any of the others have done

And now they try and use patriotism in their argument. How desperate are they

I'll tell you why he's using this though , he must of watched that stupid cow that the BBC randomly interviewed in B'ham , who said "she felt it was a shame that a B'ham club was being sold to some Americans " ,oh shut up woman this "American" plans to do more for the club than anybody in over 20 years

was that the 40/50 year oldish woman i saw on the local news the other other night too?

looked and sounded like she knew the ins and outs of the deal didn't she :roll:

what a joke that was!!!

i love it when they go out on to the streets of birmingham during the day to gauge reaction to something like this-oh what a suprise we can't find a fan who knows anything about it so we'll just interview some random dear who happens to be doing her shopping in m and s.

was that the 40/50 year oldish woman i saw on the local news the other other night too?

looked and sounded like she knew the ins and outs of the deal didn't she

what a joke that was!!!

i love it when they go out on to the streets of birmingham during the day to gauge reaction to something like this-oh what a suprise we can't find a fan who knows anything about it so we'll just interview some random dear who happens to be doing her shopping in m and s.

That was her ,LOL