Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And AV06 have lost the media war. They have lsot the hearts and minds of the market

Indeed. And isn't it amazing that they have!

First person to bid may have the disadvantage of exposing your details. But it has the MAJOR advantage of being the one to finally offer the fans the removal of the devil.

Yes Richard but it's MORE than that we can see people being involved that can do something with this 'asleeping giant'

Last night SSN reported that Cleveland Brows are worth almost twice what they were in 2002 - and thats without being particularly successful due to the strange NFL rules

Oh yes, completely agree Denis.

i dont trust the av06 group, they have not once consulted the fans and have done all tehir talking in the media

And they've said they'll go elsewhere if they don't get Villa.

small heath and turn it into a car park.

He was back of 'holiday' last Tuesday

Perhaps he, like Ellis, like to be away when there are important decisions to be made?

You would have thought that a multi billion pound consortium would have ensured their spokesman was able to keep his finger on the pulse and perhaps introduced him to mobile phones, faxes and conference phones?

I thought AV06 threat to MON was quite pathetic as well , sounded like a spoiled child infact .

AV06 : Look Martin if your not gonna sign a new contract with us then then then were gonna hire Lippi so there <

I think that was a sarcastically made-up-on-the-forum threat...

No that was just an example made up by PB I believe.

Although I would still like to see his bid, Padfield has almost treated the fans like idiots.

He has focused SOLELY on how much money his consortium is willing to spend.

'Just promise the simpletons money, that will win them over'

:roll:

Rather than thinking, researching, or even asking what the fans want - he's gone down the route of just trying to buy us.

Hmmm. Personally I'm fully behind RL for many of the reasons already posted on this thread. One I haven't noticed however is the link between AV06 and Mid-East oil money. RL is loaded because his old man was a very good businessman who made his cash fair and square. Arab royalty tend to be astronomically wealthy because they screw over their own people in a distgustingly ruthless fashion, making their money by keeping others in a state of abject poverty.

This is not a racial but a morally motivated comment and TBH I'd rather be following my team in the fizzy pop league than knowing our good fortune was built on the misery of real peoples lives. It IS only a game after all.

Hmmm. Personally I'm fully behind RL for many of the reasons already posted on this thread. One I haven't noticed however is the link between AV06 and Mid-East oil money. RL is loaded because his old man was a very good businessman who made his cash fair and square. Arab royalty tend to be astronomically wealthy because they screw over their own people in a distgustingly ruthless fashion, making their money by keeping others in a state of abject poverty.

This is not a racial but a morally motivated comment and TBH I'd rather be following my team in the fizzy pop league than knowing our good fortune was built on the misery of real peoples lives. It IS only a game after all.

A bit like Abramovich don't you think!

Not really T-T, he made his cash by being in right place at the right time and selling off large portions of State owned industry. No different from our own lurverly Tory robbers. It stinks but no-one actually gets hurt IMHO.

Not really T-T, he made his cash by being in right place at the right time and selling off large portions of State owned industry. No different from our own lurverly Tory robbers. It stinks but no-one actually gets hurt IMHO.

I see where you are coming from but I think you are wrong. The citizens of Russia are paying dearly for the actions of the greedy and merciless oligarchs who colluded with corrupt Russian officials. There would be alot less poverty if the billions which were taken out of Russia by these people was given back and administered fairly.

I want to see my team fighting it out with the best in Europe, like tomorrow, and would encourage whatever it takes us to achieve that.

If it means waiting for AV06 so be it.

My major concern is the delay in getting serious money to O'Neill now

want to see my team fighting it out with the best in Europe, like tomorrow, and would encourage whatever it takes us to achieve that.

If it means waiting for AV06 so be it.

My major concern is the delay in getting serious money to O'Neill now

Well said. To discount one (or more) bidders even before you have heard what they have to offer smacks of stupidity to me.

I see where you are coming from but I think you are wrong. The citizens of Russia are paying dearly for the actions of the greedy and merciless oligarchs who colluded with corrupt Russian officials. There would be alot less poverty if the billions which were taken out of Russia by these people was given back and administered fairly.

Fair enough T-T I can't argue with that, however that doesn't mean WE have to go down the same path. I'm no tree hugger but if you see the ME close up it's difficult not to have strong opinions about this. My moral compass says 'sod off AV06', if I'm wrong about who is behind Padfield I'll happily wind my neck in. Still, whatever happens at least we ARE going forward! :winkold: