Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sunday Mercury are claiming Lerner will complete a deal this week and an offer could be tabled as early as tomorrow...

As i said before, i think they said that last week about the week just gone. :(

pardon PB where's the proof, where's the quotes ??? :clap:

Lerner has enough financial clout to easily arrange finance to cover any bid up to 100 million, or so these don't exist sources reckon, but still remains 3rd in the race as we talk.

sorry no proof again just talk.

However its very, very likely this week is Ellis' last and to celebrate 2 new faces should be joining too

We live in hope, without proof, and with little belief in some.

The fun is about to begin, don't miss your chance to join in

If Lerner, alone or with partners, buy the club, it will be an investment done for financial reasons. But it will require a successfull Aston Villa for him (them) to make money. So we have mutual interests.

Dont get me wrong, I have been hugely impressed with lerner, or at least with his PR, and from the little i know of all the bids, which could be written on the back of a stamp tbh, I think he's the best choice.

He isnt some kind of demi god though, just a businessman

If Lerner, alone or with partners, buy the club, it will be an investment done for financial reasons. But it will require a successfull Aston Villa for him (them) to make money. So we have mutual interests.

Dont get me wrong, I have been hugely impressed with lerner, or at least with his PR, and from the little i know of all the bids, which could be written on the back of a stamp tbh, I think he's the best choice.

Well said PB, he is "just a business man", and that is what I find most encouraging.

I hope the Mercury is right but cant help thinking Doug has pulled the wool over our eyes agin, bring in a decent manager the fans are happy season ticket sales shoot up just before the season starts Doug keeps a low profile the season kicks off and we are back to square one again, i only hope im wrong........

Consortiums (Consortia ?? Sounds a bit Partridge) seem to have a better record of rescuing clubs than taking them over.

avfcinwales you say plenty has happened but nothing has been made public, how much is there that actually needs to happen, either behind closed doors or in the public eye ?

Are these days of the silence the result of hard work behind the scenes, or men weighing up decisions ?

Are you able to speculate without spilling your beans ?

(Pardon the double entendre)

Consortiums (Consortia ?? Sounds a bit Partridge) seem to have a better record of rescuing clubs than taking them over.

avfcinwales you say plenty has happened but nothing has been made public, how much is there that actually needs to happen, either behind closed doors or in the public eye ?

Are these days of the silence the result of hard work behind the scenes, or men weighing up decisions ?

put it like this Scott, if nothing was happening or the TO by anyone had collapsed do you think MON would still be here or that Pat Murphy wouldn't have said something ??

put it like this Scott, if nothing was happening or the TO by anyone had collapsed do you think MON would still be here or that Pat Murphy wouldn't have said something ??

No, I think we'd know if something had broken down, or if something had been completed, or if something had stalled, I'm just wondering if the time it takes is for paperwork or for planning.

id just love know if its going to be sorted soon tbh,im really getting pissed off with it at this stage.
fran, if it were your £64 million that was about to disappear into the pockets of Doug, Petchy, et al, I'm sure you wouldn't part with it until you were satisfied that everything was absolutely sorted.

True. And I'm much more comfortable by having a good businessman run the club, rather than a life long fan. I am a life long fan, and I'm quite sure I'm not the right man to buy the club, even if I could afford it.

Thinking of the club strictly as a business, there is only two things that will attract a business man looking for profit. It's either the possibility of asset stripping if the company is undervalued. Or when a profit can be made by improving certain areas where the company is currently underperforming.

From what I know about Lerner, he falls into the second category. He has the knowhow from running a similar business in the US, most probably has got the right connections to improve our turnover considerably by marketing our brand in his home market. And he has a reputation to look after as well. If he is indeed an asset stripper I'm sure he would be better of buying more low-profile companies rather than a Premier League club with fans all over the world.

If what I think of him is correct, then a successfull Aston Villa is necessary for him to have his profit.

I don't see how that makes him into a demi god. We simply have mutual interests. He wants a profit and I want a club competing with the best. And I think both of us has a good chance achieving what we want if his bid is accepted.

id just love know if its going to be sorted soon tbh,im really getting pissed off with it at this stage.
fran, if it were your £64 million that was about to disappear into the pockets of Doug, Petchy, et al, I'm sure you wouldn't part with it until you were satisfied that everything was absolutely sorted.

Agree mate 100%,but i like a lot of you guys am getting a little impatient and i just want things sorted you know :winkold: .