Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

I believe that was the figure that was banded about.

well, as I recall, the main complaint from the likes of VFC about the way that the Ranson bid was handled wasn't that it was rejected out of hand. The main complaint was that the details of what it was that had been turned down weren't made clear to the stakeholders in the club.

To give an extreme example to illustrate why this important

Maybe Ranson offered only £47m for the club, but also promised ongoing transfer funding of £200m per year together with plans and funding to completely redevelop the off field facilities and turn the club overnight into the chelsea of the midlands.

To turn down such a deal in favour of one which offers £64m for the shares but offers no cash for ongoing development would not be in the interests of the club.

So while there are many who claim with religious fervour that recent events show that Doug was right to turn down Ranson, it is my opinion that until such time as the details of all the bids, including that of Ranson, are known, this is not a claim that can justified.

I'm not saying your wrong, but I never heard anything about £200M a year. If he could have funded that he would have brought the club at the time. What I do know is that he seemed to be trying to get the club on th cheap.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying your wrong, but I never heard anything about £200M a year..

I have no idea what he was offering for the development of the club and the team. I guess thats the point I'm making, no-one does, no-one knows what it was that Ellis turned down

I'm not saying your wrong, but I never heard anything about £200M a year..

I have no idea what he was offering for the development of the club and the team. I guess thats the point I'm making, no-one does, no-one knows what it was that Ellis turned down[/quote

This is true, or who he actually favours in the bright new future.

This suspense (and silence) is stifling. Am i right in thinking the submission of one official bid may spark the other parties into action too? Could they all be waiting for each other, e.g waiting to see what Lerner is going to do first?

If they do they could be too late

Although I think if they think it necessary Rothschilds will let everyone know what's likely to be happening.

It is possible of course they are all waiting until the transfer window closes so as not to fund transfers before they can implement change to finance the funding.

No!!

I honestly donmt think we'll hear anything until the takeover has been agreed, or when Villa say somethging to the LSE becuase I fear media attention will start to drop off now

true... there's only so many times they can keep spinning out the "next few days" line, before even Villa fans themselves get bored of it

This suspense (and silence) is stifling. Am i right in thinking the submission of one official bid may spark the other parties into action too? Could they all be waiting for each other, e.g waiting to see what Lerner is going to do first?

If I understand Gringo correctly, then before anyone bids they will make sure that

a) Theirs is the favoured bid by Rothchilds

B) They have a very good idea that they have Ellis and Petchey's shares in the bag.

Again, assuming I havent got the wrong end of the stick, i would assume from that that there is likely to be only one official firm bid, and that things will move very swiftly from there to a conclusion, probaby in matter of hours to a boardmeeting to rubber stamp everything and from there the three week period as has been mentioned elsewhere for other shareholders to sell their shares should they wish.

if I have understood correctly, a new board could be appointed by EGM very quickly after the transfer of shares, cetainly well within that three week period.

All you getting your knickers in a twist need to calm down.

It will happen. Ellis has even said so.

The signs all point to it. MON would not be manager if a TO wasn't happening.

If Ellis does by some miracle, a U turn, he will completely screwed.

Weren't the AV06 consortium meant to be having meetings with the board and with Rothschilds early this week? Im sure i remember NP saying so in his FiveLive interview last week????

Today i think.

PB - If it goes smoothly it should go something like that. If of course things went that way, ellis could give the new owners some discretionary powers (as per sunderland/quinn) as they already had over 50% of shares signed up.

What is invisible in all this is petchey. Don't trust the bstd an inch, but he's quiet, very quiet through all this. The rumours tying him to neville - well at least it would show neville has some backers - or is it just someone smearing neville? But thats the limit of his visible involvement so far.

It would be unlike JP to cede authority of sale, or the authority to negotiate for the sale of his shares to ellis, so he will be in regular contact with rothers. He should bite at £5.50+ - it's a very good return from him. The bloke just doesn't smell good, you can't trust him.

Hey ho, it's after randy we go. Come On Randy.

If I understand Gringo correctly, then before anyone bids they will make sure that

a) Theirs is the favoured bid by Rothchilds

B) They have a very good idea that they have Ellis and Petchey's shares in the bag.

Again, assuming I havent got the wrong end of the stick, i would assume from that that there is likely to be only one official firm bid, and that things will move very swiftly from there to a conclusion, probaby in matter of hours to a boardmeeting to rubber stamp everything and from there the three week period as has been mentioned elsewhere for other shareholders to sell their shares should they wish.

if I have understood correctly, a new board could be appointed by EGM very quickly after the transfer of shares, cetainly well within that three week period.

Would like this to be the case as this Reading match is gonig to be special and giving the new owners, whoever it is, the hero's welcome they deserve will be the icing on the cake.

Mr Lerner, Why do I do, just as you say, why must I just, give you your

way

Why do I sigh, why don't I try - to forget

It must have been, that something lovers call fate

Kept me saying: "I have to wait"

I saw them all, just couldn't fall - 'til we met

It had to be you, it had to be you

I wandered around, and finally found - the somebody who

Could make me be true, and could make me be claret and blue

And even be glad, just to be sad - thinking of you

Some others I've seen, might never be mean

Might never be cross, or try to be boss, but they wouldn't do

For nobody else, gave me a thrill - with all your faults, I love

you still

It had to be you, wonderful you, it had to be you

Mr Lerner, Why do I do, just as you say, why must I just, give you your

way

Why do I sigh, why don't I try - to forget

It must have been, that something lovers call fate

Kept me saying: "I have to wait"

I saw them all, just couldn't fall - 'til we met

It had to be you, it had to be you

I wandered around, and finally found - the somebody who

Could make me be true, and could make me be claret and blue

And even be glad, just to be sad - thinking of you

Some others I've seen, might never be mean

Might never be cross, or try to be boss, but they wouldn't do

For nobody else, gave me a thrill - with all your faults, I love

you still

It had to be you, wonderful you, it had to be you

Nice. :shock:

Cat amongst the pigeons time............ :?:

Neville ups the stakes and plans to install Taylor as Villa chairman

By Gary Jacob

THE battle to take over Aston Villa will intensify this week when Michael Neville is expected to raise his offer for the club to a little above the asking price. Neville has already indicated to the club’s advisers that he would offer £64 million but the Solihull businessman wants to fend off Randy Lerner, another potential buyer, who is likely to table a formal offer in the coming week.

Neville believes that raising his offer is valid because Villa have the makings of a top-six side but, more importantly, some of the extra money spent could be recouped from the development of land around Villa Park. Neville was in regular contact with Martin O’Neill before the Irishman was appointed manager and has offered Graham Taylor the chance to return as chairman.

Taylor, the former manager, would not be drawn on the subject yesterday, except to say that he has been in close contact with O’Neill. Taylor also questioned the credentials of Lerner, the owner of the Cleveland Browns American football franchise. “It concerns me,†he said. “He has got the money, but the Americans have a different motive (for buying Villa). What do they know about football?â€

http://tinyurl.com/zmcnz