Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

buying a company is not as simple as buying a pack of polos from a corner shop.

Believe it or not, buying shares is a relatively simple task, even £20m worth of them. And if they've not checked out the books already, they wouldn't be making a formal bid.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So from what I gather a takerover will take at least 21 days to complete, is that right? If so, can/will player transfers be made during that time or do we have to wait until it's complete?

So from what I gather a takerover will take at least 21 days to complete, is that right? If so, can/will player transfers be made during that time or do we have to wait until it's complete?

They can be made, no question about that. Whether they will or not is entirely up to Randy Lerner.

buying a company is not as simple as buying a pack of polos from a corner shop.

Corner Shop ? While Ellis is around we are the Corner Shop and even buying a pack of polos can be frustrating ;)

first the bid must be formally made, then finances must be checked and its then up to the current shareholders to sell. anyone who thinks a sale will happen this tuesday is out of there mind.

Yes Jim, well not out of their mind but perhaps supremely optimistic, but then there are only three types of Villa Fans : the optimists, the pessimists and then the "fickle 'uns" :)

Let's just hope that Mr. Lerner's bid is so strong that the board will not have to waste time messing around arguing the merits of each dot and twiddle of the other bids. If that were to happen we could still be waiting for a new owner by the end of the season AGGGGGGGGGGHHH! Perish the thought from your minds!

I keep hearing suggestion he flew into Luton ???

Luton, then flew back to the US ??

He did fly into Luton for one day only, friday. It' seems like a very odd coincidence that he flys to england the day we appoint our new manager and he leaves the same day as our new manager is due to fly out to meet his squad.

As for Neville, i find the rumours about him being willing to pull out if someone was to cover his costs very, very worring. Jst the fact a rumour like this exists is reason alone not to support his bid.

Feck, I missed out on being 'Mr 300' by one damn post :x

Hmm, I quite like the sound of Mr. 300 8)

Do we know it was him that flew in? Not just his plane with someone on his behalf?

I think we only have confirmation that it was his plane. But there was no sightings of a Mr. Lerner. I reckon that he was on the flight.

As gringo has been at pains to point out over recent days, there will be no bid without there first being an agreement between the new owners and Messrs Ellis and Petchey to buy their shares.

So, although it is the case that if the board today recommends a bid to the shareholders it would take in excess of three weeks for the deal to be actually completed, it is extremely likely that the shares could change hands very quickly, maybe as soon as the announcement is made, if not sooner in fact.

This would give us defacto new owners immediately, even though, as has been said, it will take some weeks to go through the formalities.