Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Well maybe his tight fiscal policies have had a bearing on Villa being amoungst the most attractive propositions in the Premiership and we don't appear to have the incumbence of any debt. However as has been said before neither probably does my local Spar Shop!.. but the point is most people wannna shop at a Tesco or Asda!!

Asda :P

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe his tight fiscal policies have had a bearing on Villa being amoungst the most attractive propositions in the Premiership and we don't appear to have the incumbence of any debt. However as has been said before neither probably does my local Spar Shop!.. but the point is most people wannna shop at a Tesco or Asda!!

Ah, but ellis made you shop at spar and has magically lumbered the club with c£10m debt. Of course most of that would have been covered by the serpentine cash - not that good businessmen sell their assets to cover their running costs. Bumbling incompetent.

The only thing we will have to thank him for is shutting the door on the way out.

very correct they have.

trouble is when were Villa seriously contending for anything in the Premiership, and has that anything to do with the takeover.

He's appointed O'Neil, and so far we have drawn 1 away game against a German 1st division side, didn't he do well, as wellas the other 13 appointments he eventually removed ??

His fiscality has worked only if he sells and Villa aren't relegated, O'Neils good, the squads not bad, but Ellis is still in charge

There IS a certain logic to the idea that we may be better off in the long run as a result of the old bastard's earlier refusals to move on. If Villa end up with the right ownership now, the ultimate future of the club may be much brighter than it would have been if the club were sold a few years ago. Everyone will surely agree, however, that what may turn out to be our good fortune is not the byproduct of some great insight from Ellis.

The time for the old codger to hang it up is NOW. When he does, we should all appreciate the prosperity we hope to enjoy, smile nicely and thank the bastard for his faithful dedication to Aston Villa F.C. - who cares if it's shite - and pray he never again has an opportunity to make any decision with any impact whatsoever at Villa Park.

I am backing Lerner, at least till I might hear anything else from other bids, I just like what I have heard so far.

I'm not too keen on the Neville bid if whats been talked about is true, neither the AV06 bid.

Want somebody with ambition and ££$$ in charge. Thats what we need, just somebody who can do the very best for the club.

Well I hope thats how it works out, Monday will be interesting, I can't see anybody new being in charge before 31st August though. Perhaps thats just me.

I think there is a growing feeling of apathy towards the old man. That's very different to forgiving, or forgetting, and nobody wants to do that, but the hatred doesn't seem to be important any more. Ultimately, he's going away, nobody won the war he just got too old to play.

You know what, in the end the fact that he no longer matters at all might just be the most damning indictment of his 30 odd years of service.

In a few weeks he'll be gone, in six months most of the fans in Villa Park will hardly remember he was ever here at all.

I dont know if I saw the same interview as all the rest of ye, but the old codger definitely said that a takeover would be complete in a few weeks. It was on about an hour ago and it had just in on the top of the screen???

Have people seen this one??

I dont know if I saw the same interview as all the rest of ye, but the old codger definitely said that a takeover would be complete in a few weeks. It was on about an hour ago and it had just in on the top of the screen???

Have people seen this one??

Yeah thats the one people are talking about in a seperate thread.

And something is bothering me about it, need to watch it again.

Still;

a takeover doesn't suit us any better than is would if it happened in three months. We still won't get any money (in time) and the squad remains the same

The same, but maybe a bit more focused.

Can you still sign players that aren't attached to other clubs outside of the transfer window ? (ie Sol Campbell ?)

It would alway be preferable that a takeover occurs that gives a club plenty of time to sort out the control aspect of it. Trouble is it hardly ever happens like that.

But personally I would rather see it happening - so long as it does, I have no real problem with the timescale. Once an announcement is made to say it is going ahead - I couldn't really care if it does take 3 months - because it does benefit the club.

It gets rid of the one reason we haven't been able to move forward at all.

Having said that, I think the funds for transfers is coming from the already prefered choice from AVFC for the takeover.

We know a special board meeting takes place on Monday - I have no doubts the last stretch is in sight.

I can though understand other peoples caution after all the years that we have had to endure Ellis and his ability to string us along.