Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

He may now be the favourite 82 year old of a few people now (fickle?) but he'll be off now.

Hoorah.

I don't see anyone saying that at all. We have been led to believe that MON would not sign for Ellis, and so I think the majority of us are thinking that this appointment spells the end of the Ellis' reign.

IMO much of the outpouring at VP today was connected to the fact that this was a two way wammy - this appointment is symbolic of the end of Ellis - hence the unprecedented scenes at VP.

Just suck it up JF, accept that the press conference was going to be heavily stage managed and make your noise outside.

I think this is pretty much spot on. Why wouldn't it be stage managed, why would you want to allow anybody other than PA people inside?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give Ellis no credit for getting in MON. I have no reason to doubt that the only reason we have got MON is because Ellis is going!

I know one person who likes Ellis but he thinks Robbie Keane is a rubbish player. Needless to say he knows very little about football.

ITs not the fact that he was refused entry. If they asked for press badges and he didn't have one, that's fair enough.

It's the fact that Phil Mepham put his name on a list of people who were not to be allowed in.

Anyway, doesn't matter..

I can't believe some people can be so naive. Why on earth would you expect Phil Mepham to NOT bar JF entry.

Firstly, he isn't with the press.

Secondly, he is amongst the highest profile critics of the current regime.

To expect anything else is naive. As someone else said, the most amazing thing is that they were sufficiently organised to bar him in the first place.

I know one person who likes Ellis but he thinks Robbie Keane is a rubbish player. Needless to say he knows very little about football.

I´ve just found another one of those.. Is VT becoming infested again?

Well there have beensome bogus barcodes posters and whilst I mention it,my housemate, who supports them thinks Heskey is a good signing for Wigan!

ITs not the fact that he was refused entry. If they asked for press badges and he didn't have one, that's fair enough.

It's the fact that Phil Mepham put his name on a list of people who were not to be allowed in.

Anyway, doesn't matter.

He may now be the favourite 82 year old of a few people now (fickle?) but he'll be off now.

Hoorah.

The only thing that surprises me is that someone thought far enough ahead to do that.

And let's make no mistake about it. There's only 1 reason why they would look that far ahead. Because of the size of the hole Ellis could have potentially put his foot into. A big super-sized American f**k-off monster hole of succulent takeover-ness.

And let's make no mistake about it. There's only 1 reason why they would look that far ahead. Because of the size of the hole Ellis could have potentially put his foot into. A big super-sized American f**k-off monster hole of succulent takeover-ness.

And how! I was expecting Ellis to say something right the way through the PC...... god only knows how it didn't happen.

RUBBISH.

Did you know Jon Fear was BANNED from the press conference tonight?

Why?

One can only presume why.

Any man who hangs up pictures of himseld with the title "MR ASTON VILLA" over Villa Park does not deserve to be there. Any man who treats fans with such contempt, does not deserve to be there.

30 years of lies and mismanagement.

:clap::clap::clap:

This man has been on a 28 year ego trip.

He has let this club stagnate, no I take that back, sink.

He has been the main reason that I have stopped attending games.

From what has been posted on this site, it would appear that next week may well be a very big week for the club. If not, and things have not changed we should put aside euphoria and build up in one voice. Ellis Out, Ellis Out, Ellis Out, ELLIS OUT.

Not going to bother answering - but if you can't see the 'Awww, hes an old bloke he's not that bad' posts on here, then I'll point you towards some of the last few posts on this board.

As I said, doesn't matter. Ellis is as good as gone. Which is good, as its means the manager will have a chance of succeding.

Welcome back b23, big news then?

Not going to bother answering - but if you can't see the 'Awww, hes an old bloke he's not that bad' posts on here, then I'll point you towards some of the last few posts on this board.

As I said, doesn't matter. Ellis is as good as gone. Which is good, as its means the manager will have a chance of succeding.

It depends what you mean by 'he's not that bad'.

**** it anyway, who cares. He's a gonner.......

Don't worry about it John, you've suffered for a long time, us older-ish fans have. It's coming to an end, like you said.

As for the 'Awwww'ing', you wouldn't be if you knew half the things he's done to hold us back. So what if he's old, he should have left 10-15 years ago. I have no sympathy for the man!

There was a poster on here who said 'I wish my dad was here to see this' before, and my heart goes out to them, because there are THOUSANDS of Villa fans that would say the same thing. Ellis has cost this club success for many years, and a lot of people are unfortunately not able to see this club prosper without Ellis with their Fathers/Mothers sat next to them.

Doug could have changed that a long time ago, he's cost us for years. I have no sympathy for that man. Thanks for the no debt mate, but it got us nowhere!

There was a poster on here who said 'I wish my dad was here to see this' before, and my heart goes out to them, because there are THOUSANDS of Villa fans that would say the same thing. Ellis has cost this club success for many years, and a lot of people are unfortunately not able to see this club prosper without Ellis with their Fathers/Mothers sat next to them.

My partners Father is one of those - we paid for a paver and everytime we go to VP we visit it and take yet another picture of it. We both wish he was still here to see the changes going on today.

Welcome back b23, big news then?

I´m not backflippin yet dude. When the old fistwad goes then i´ll be dancing in the street. I am hopeful of the takeover and ellis´ exit being as good as done BUT so far the timing all smacks of political sales manouevres. There are too many coincidences though and the end could well be nigh. I´m as hopeful as the next, sane, man.. but already just after posting a few hours I am sick of the nonesensical ellis loving. I give perfectly logical reasons and get, yes but.. he´s a lovely old man who loves the villa.. those kinda vibes.

ELLIS OUT. Back the Team, Back the Manager. But it´s not over until the fat coffin dodger leaves..

My partners Father is one of those - we paid for a paver and everytime we go to VP we visit it and take yet another picture of it. We both wish he was still here to see the changes going on today.

Yeah, my heart goes out to you and your partner, it really does.

It's people like you that have felt the Ellis era the most. I mean I've still got my Dad, but going to Villa is about me and my Dad, you know? For years and years we've been going and it's just shit! But everytime we score, it's all hugs and that, which is immense to me, the best feeling in the world - the team i love and the Dad i love, all happy at the same time. That to me is what football is about, not about keeping the books clean. I know football is a buisness to people like Doug Ellis, but ultimately you see other teams around you spending, taking a calculated risk etc, and going on to major finals etc, that's where Villa should be.

Hopefully with Ellis gone, we will be, and mate, your partners Dad will be looking down on this and have a smile on his face, don't you worry about that.

Up the Villa!

Yeah, my heart goes out to you and your partner, it really does.

It's people like you that have felt the Ellis era the most. I mean I've still got my Dad, but going to Villa is about me and my Dad, you know? For years and years we've been going and it's just shit! But everytime we score, it's all hugs and that, which is immense to me, the best feeling in the world - the team i love and the Dad i love, all happy at the same time. That to me is what football is about, not about keeping the books clean. I know football is a buisness to people like Doug Ellis, but ultimately you see other teams around you spending, taking a calculated risk etc, and going on to major finals etc, that's where Villa should be.

Hopefully with Ellis gone, we will be, and mate, your partners Dad will be looking down on this and have a smile on his face, don't you worry about that.

Up the Villa!

Good posts :( I feel for both of you. Just like the poor programme salesman who died earlier. Really deserved to see the takeover completing.