Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MON is in. He may have a little to work with inititally, but after that, only time will tell

So we are led to believe :winkold:

But my question was rather, if an agreement regarding the takeover was in place, would it be possible for O'Neill to spend anything at all? Or would our hands be tied until the keys to the chairman's office at Villa Park had officially changed owner?

.. MON is in

Also I do not believe for one minute MON needs three pre season games to judge who wants or does not want ....

I agree. I'm sure he's done his homework, and thoroughly so.

I've read and heard that it could still take weeks - months to get this sorted, ahhh so frustrating!

I really know nothing about this, but it should be possible to sort this out faster than that? If O'Neill really is lined up to take over tomorrow then I wouldn't exactly be surprised if an agreement regarding the takeover to be imminent.

If an agreement is in place, then surely it would be possible for us to see some transfer action even if we weren't formally taken over yet?

Someone care to enlighten me about this?

Yet again lets clraify this.

IF tomorrow a consortuim gets Petchey and Ellis to sell their shares, they will control the club from the time the money is transferred.

They then can spend straigtaway.

I would imagine MON already knows how much he has and who he wants.

It can be done quickly

lol but this is very unlikely as they've been trying to buy these shares for a couple of weeks now.

They'll be no signings this summer. But it could still be the most important summer in AVFC's history.

Will the squad cope with no new faces, only time will tell.

I think we have a manager though, in which will lead us to 13-10th place though, with the current squad.

MON is in. He may have a little to work with inititally, but after that, only time will tell

So we are led to believe :winkold:

But my question was rather, if an agreement regarding the takeover was in place, would it be possible for O'Neill to spend anything at all? Or would our hands be tied until the keys to the chairman's office at Villa Park had officially changed owner?

MON IS IN.

As I've said - initially he may not have a lot to work with, but in the long term he may.

lol but this is very unlikely as they've been trying to buy these shares for a couple of weeks now.

But bar the fact that Ellis is a wn@ker capable of spoiling pretty much anything, who's to say they haven't finally managed to break through now?

I mean, O'Neill agreeing to sign (as we're led to believe :winkold: ) is a clear indication that something finally is about to happen.

I doubt Ellis is any position to make a deal, do you really think MON has agreed this with Ellis .....

Please remember under Ellis we would have NO money

Yes I do, but MON is not stupid - he knows his days are running out

I doubt Ellis is any position to make a deal, do you really think MON has agreed this with Ellis .....

Please remember under Ellis we would have NO money

I think he would sign with Ellis there.. He will lie to Martin... just like he did with Oleary etc etc.. Hes a deceiptful old man.

I hope Martin is signing with the knowledge of a consortium take over also in place....

"Martin O'Neill will today be finally unveiled as the new manager of Aston Villa to end 2½ weeks of speculation that has added to the uncertainty surrounding the Premiership club.

O'Neill has opted to become the successor to David O'Leary at Villa Park after receiving assurances that the club will be sold before the start of the forthcoming campaign."

How sweet these words are to read after coming in from a night on the blarrt. Think back to three weeks ago, how bleak and barren seemed the Villa landscape?Now we have one of the best managers in the game and we are days away from having very very serious money behind him. Vive la Revolucion, **** off Ellis. Cheers boys, we've waited years for this , enjoy every second of it. Hic! :cheers: