Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Tom are you

(A) Subtly Clever ie. deft

or

(B) Musically challenged

Or a fan of the Deftones perhaps? :|

Back on topic I'm with you Ronk. N&P know they are way behind and need to try something a bit audacious to get back in the game. A bit like a manager who's 3-0 down sticking 4 up front for the last 10 minutes. Never works...

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just received this email from Steve Dyson, editor of the Mail, after I mailed him this morning with a general moan about their recent coverage:

"Hi Scott

Our information is that O'Neill should be manager within days, and that Lerner is still at the negotiating table. We can't say more really, rather than let's see what happens in the next few days.

Do not doubt, however, that this newspaper will explode should any of what we understand to be taking place is derailed by intransigence at the club. Watch this space - and keep nudging. Thanks again Steve"

Interesting..............

I just received this email from Steve Dyson, editor of the Mail, after I mailed him this morning with a general moan about their recent coverage:

"Hi Scott

Our information is that O'Neill should be manager within days, and that Lerner is still at the negotiating table. We can't say more really, rather than let's see what happens in the next few days.

Do not doubt, however, that this newspaper will explode should any of what we understand to be taking place is derailed by intransigence at the club. Watch this space - and keep nudging. Thanks again Steve"

Wht have I missed something!

The Prof should do his research before spouting.

The price was set at the beginning when Rothchild set it all up.

The talk of him starting in the £50ms and going up into the £60ms is nonsense as he walked last week due to Doug trying this ploy of pushing the price up.

I am convinced that people on here know more than these 'experts' rolled in to make their personal opinions sound like fact.

"Hi Scott

Thats the same reply he sent me at 8am this morning. I posted it in the Ellis smokescreen thread.

Tom are you

(A) Subtly Clever ie. deft

or

(B) Musically challenged

Or a fan of the Deftones perhaps? :|

I was one i signed up, but i don't want to lose my posting credits, plus i'd probably include my surname in a new sign up and it's not one that's popular around here.

I had one too which is pretty similar, as i sent an email saying that Ellis had better not mess this up. It's high time for him to go and if he keeps prevaricating, there'll be no hiding place for him. And that Lerner and O'Neill are the dream team for Villa.

I got this response (fair play for replying)

Hi Richard:

Thanks for your note.

We too are on hot bricks as we wait to see whether our man at Villa has got

it right!

We believe he has, having had access to the information and sources he is

using.

That is, O'Neill should be manager within days, and that Lerner is still at

the negotiating table.

We can't say more really, rather than let's see what happens in the next

few days.

Do not doubt, however, that this newspaper will explodeshould any of what

we understand to be taking place is derailed by intransigence at the club.

Watch this space - and keep nudging.

Thanks again

Steve

I had one too which is pretty similar, as i sent an email saying that Ellis had better not mess this up. It's high time for him to go and if he keeps prevaricating, there'll be no hiding place for him. And that Lerner and O'Neill are the dream team for Villa.

I got this response (fair play for replying)

Hi Richard:

Thanks for your note.

We too are on hot bricks as we wait to see whether our man at Villa has got

it right!

We believe he has, having had access to the information and sources he is

using.

the negotiating table.

We can't say more really, rather than let's see what happens in the next

few days.

Do not doubt, however, that this newspaper will explodeshould any of what

we understand to be taking place is derailed by intransigence at the club.

Watch this space - and keep nudging.

Thanks again

Steve

the negotiating table.

Point is todays Evening Mail report by Bill Howell

"With Martin O'Neill having already accepted the manager's job"

CLICK HERE

So what's the truth???!!!

"Intransigence"......That's a big word for the mail isn't it!

Yeah, but you can bet he heard it on the telly last night and would try to use it in a scentence today somewhere to make himself sound clever!! ;)