Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

So according to Bill Howell, Padfield isn't even meeting Doug until next Tuesday? What is Doug doing? And if padfield gave a shit about Villa, why is he on holiday? Seems, like ellis, that he takes holidays at important times of the year!

Doug is in the car. In the car park. The doors are locked. Someone's put the child locks on. He can't get out!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it's pretty irrelevant I'm not going to continue to pass on updates as to where it moves to, but the minute it so much as points in our direction I will post on this forum.

[/quote

But TT Its gone so quiet your regular plane stalking inputs make our day!!

Seriously was talking to friend in Ohio last night and he said we really do not want RL as owner...He said his dad Al was actually involved in the beginning with Modell taking the Brown's to Baltimore, which everyone seems to forget! He said his son Randy since 2002 has continued to put staff in the club who have not delivered & their scouting & general coaching has fallen way below others in NFL. To be fair that was point the guy from USA Today was saying last night on SSN that RL had more than enough to keep him occupied with turning round the Browns! Also mentioned the Glazier take over but like someone said Villa ain't in any debt unlike Man Utd.

I made the point that Villa are different in that we have a good Academy & coaching staff the infrastructure everything.....ALL we need is to rid ourselves of an autocratic Chairman who has held the club back for 20 odd year & injecct some serious investment & get someone in to do some serious marketing of the club, which the Yanks are brilliant at.

What would be nice is if we heard from Lerners camp the his is definately back in the running and is still interested.

That aint gonna happen.

It has happened I think.

Lerner was just shown on SSN, it'll be shown in more detail soon.

The request was to hear that he is definitely back in the running. I dont think this is exactly what we are going to be told

They have Prof Tom Cannon (Who?) on now talking about Villa.

"Ellis is a great poker player, has a great hand....."

"Villa are one of the great franchises in european football"

"Ellis will sell"

Aint to sure about that!

Finally got to 1000 posts :cheers:

Anyone else notice that in Mail Bill Howell is still insisting that MON has accepted the job at Villa!!........How can he keep claiming this unless it ain't true!! Someone somewhere is feeding him this stuff True or False!

SSN have just had a financial analyst on who was saying he thinks Ellis is closer to selling than ever. He says that Deadly is one of the great poker players of english football......

He also said on paper we could be one of the great franchises in european football.

Reckons it will take the mid 50 millions to buy the club but thinks Lerner will go into the 60's if needed.

Thinks we will be taken over before the start of the season.

SSN have just had a financial analyst on who was saying he thinks Ellis is closer to selling than ever. He says that Deadly is one of the great poker players of english football......

He also said on paper we could be one of the great franchises in european football.

Reckons it will take the mid 50 millions to buy the club but thinks Lerner will go into the 60's if needed.

Thinks we will be taken over before the start of the season.

Sorry but the guy obviously hasnt got a clue. The stated price is £64 mill.

As for Poker players, some cheat!

I've just logged in for the day (12.45 pm how well am I doing! I'vge worked my roe out all morning so I can watch this mssg board for the rest of the day!!!!)

If this is being discussed elsewhere my appologies.

This news about Neville & Padfield joining up, why would either even consider it, unless they knew other bids better than their own were on the table. They must know they are playing catch up. Which leads me to conclude there must be concrete viable offers on the table from Lerner and Still (hopefully)

Unless I suppose they actually do have Villa's best interests at heart and by combining bids / funds can really push us on.