Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

This is becoming more and more of a farse. It's really pathetic, and we're the laughing stock of the Premiership yet again. Our competitors must be having a blast out of this, we haven't signed a single player (apart from two Swiss teenagers no-one have heard of) and our star-players, if any, wants to quit the club. We have no manager and a 82 year-old who runs, owns and dictates the club. The season starts in two weeks, and I for one will not watch the spectacle at Emirates Stadium against Arsenal who are sure to crush us with at least 3 goals, perhaps 5 which they nicked us last season in a humilliating affair.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This saga is driving me mad, each morning i get up i'm hoping there'll be an announcement but still there's silence.

I think i'd have prefered it if we didn't know a thing, that way we could of had the euphoria of when the deal was complete instead of jst breathing a sigh of relief.

in the last few weeks weve had some inside tips on here from a few people about happenings at villa so anyone got any hot tips now cause im going mental with all this mon talk and takeover talk :? its a continuous roller coster that dont stop aint it,please please please let it be over soon!!!!!

Well the silence is more hopeful that the shit we were being fed last week from those involved in the process

I agree, the current quiet is really very, very exciting :D

in the last few weeks weve had some inside tips on here from a few people about happenings at villa so anyone got any hot tips now cause im going mental with all this mon talk and takeover talk :? its a continuous roller coster that dont stop aint it,please please please let it be over soon!!!!!

Even those 'in the know' have told me that things are quiet and what they are hearing is changing from hour to hour!

The best thing to do would be to stay away from the media and stop reading newspapers. Then... text one of your good friends and get him to text you when a manager is in place, then when the takeover is complete. Afterward, you may resume paying attention to the media, because it will be about buying players. Buying players is something we aren't used to hearing about, so then you'll be happy.

Well the silence is more hopeful that the shit we were being fed last week from those involved in the process

I know of a certain journalist who is probably doing his nut at the moment with all this quiet :)

I think it's a good thing that people in the know 'don't really know at the moment', all the leaks have put obvious preasure on the deal and all parties involved, its odd though that the leaks seem to be coming from the top level at villa.

I know of a certain journalist who is probably doing his nut at the moment with all this quiet :)

He won't mind.... he'll just make something else up :)

To be fair, i dont think he's made anything up. I think he has done what any reporter would do, ie report what he has been told by a high level source within Villa.

I also believe that his source believed what he was saying, the question is whether or not his source realised the potential implications of said leak. I am undecided on this

And not much about the takeover/new manager in today's Mail either.

I hope you're right.

To be fair, i dont think he's made anything up. I think he has done what any reporter would do, ie report what he has been told by a high level source within Villa.

I also believe that his source believed what he was saying, the question is whether or not his source realised the potential implications of said leak. I am undecided on this

I agree with PB, although I am decided on whether the source realised the implications. I believe he did.

Absolutely - If this is a direct result of the legal procedures AV have to take then (As I suspect it is) it means at least some bids are being given serious thought if nothing else.

We can only keep repeating that the takeover rules are really strict - in that no information can be released once a bid is offered and/or contemplated it is secret and only those on a strictly need to know basis are allowed to be given the details.

They even have strict guidelines in place for any information that must be printed!

So from a mass of information, the two consortiums who we know are well into the process (Still and Lerner) are also the two who we haven't heard a thing from!

It could also explain these 3 mysterious Americans being shown around the other day - If there is a bid from Lerner being contemplated, AV have to keep it secret - so by denying they are to do with Lerner, they can achieve this.

Of course what it doesn't stop is speculation that they are part of Lerner's group - and how accurate that is we will have to wait and see.

I'm well pissed off with all this now. I just have a feeling that Ellis is going to **** it all up - again. I'm fed up of waking up each day with hope that something will happen, spending hours trawling the internet for any inkling of hope (when I should be working) and, as each day wears on, getting more and more disheartened.

I would love to just be able to think that I'll just forget it all until some formal announcement is made but I just know that I can't I HAVE to carry on looking at VT for any glimmer of hope. Oh well, back to work UNTIL the next look!!! :cry: :evil:

I agree with PB, although I am decided on whether the source realised the implications. I believe he did.

Well, it depends who is doing the leaking. It might be someone just trying to look good, who didnt realise the potential negative impact, or it might be someone trying to destabilise the situation, either for the buyer or the seller's advantage, and such instability could work either way, Without being party to the talks it is difficult to know how this instability is being used by those concerned

I would love to be certain who leaked all this stuff to Bill Howell and Pat Murphy.