Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Whatever the takeover, Doug will be marginalised - I've heard that he is resigned to that fact anyway - obviously he will not want to give it all up - it's his life blood.

IMHO he is going to be disappointed then. He isnt playing with other shopkeepers anymore, some of these guys he is playing with are serious people

Agreed, and the players know how to manipulate situations to their own ends - do they give a monkeys if Ellis is sitting in the stands as a notional Chairman and nothing else?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF???

Surely it is not going to be done tomorrow or Friday.....is it?

Without wishing to get anyone's hopes up, I dont see why it couldnt be

Fair Enough - I thought that earlier but expected some king of leak tonight tbh.

But you are right - maybe a lot of behind the scenes work has been done.

Agreed, and the players know how to manipulate situations to their own ends - do they give a monkeys if Ellis is sitting in the stands as a notional Chairman and nothing else?

IMHO it depends on the attitude of said chairman.

Are you sure about that?

It seems to be what he is saying.

Either that or his bid isnt anywhere near ready, in which case he is too late. this isnt going on for much longer.

Maybe - but the longer that this goes on the more catch up time is available

The more I think about it the more I'm inclined to agree with this version of events. I was feeling pretty negative about things listening to the interview but once you begin to put the bits and pieces together to get to this potential version of events it seems to be quite convincing. Whether thats because I want this version of events to be true, or whether its because this is actually the true situation I don't know. Hopefully the latter.

I think Rothchilds have sussed out Neville and AV06 pretty quickly and are concentrating their resources on the other two bids.

I really hope this is true too. But if they know they are out of their league, and they know that Rothchilds think their bids are not up to it, what would they have to gain by going to the media. It's not going to change the minds of the people who matter (the bankers, Ellis).

In a roundabout sort of way thats kinda my point. It sounds more and more like a last act of desperation that isn't going to work 'just give us a bit more time, we'll be great honest, we'll involve the fans, i'm sure we'll have sorted a bit of cash out for you by next week, we'll keep your seat in the Trinity reserved for you Doug' etc etc...

IF???

Surely it is not going to be done tomorrow or Friday.....is it?

Without wishing to get anyone's hopes up, I dont see why it couldnt be

PB if you believe a deal could be one or two days away you must know something I and many others don't. The latest news we are hearing regarding this doesn't suggest anything is going to happen any time soon.

PB if you believe a deal could be one or two days away you must know something I and many others don't. The latest news we are hearing regarding this doesn't suggest anything is going to happen any time soon.

No, I dont know anything except that this interview tonight doesnt change anything really. Its a guy desperately playing for time IMO. If he is desperately playing for time, then time is a real issue, no?

I have thought for quite some time now that for all sorts of reasons this needs to be done before the tour, and I believe, without knowing anything, that this is the schedule, the timeframe, everyone is working towards.

Lerner is worth $1.4 billion, has assets of a further $4 billion, has shares (though the family sold 7%) in MBNA, he runs a major sports franchis in the Cleveland Browns that, although not winning much, is showing signs of vast improvement AND is making shiteloads of revenue, he has business interest in countries globally. I'd say that he is a MAJOR MAJOR PLAYER.

Still's backers are not known but if rumours are to be believesd and they are from Dubai you can bet yor bottom dollar they are minted. These people, like Lerner, are CHAMPIONS LEAGUE to Dougs, and th Neville and Padfield groups Championship.

We don't know who is behind the AV06 group - that's a huge assumption you are making.

They may be beind the other bids in time frames. If this drags into next week, they could possibly catch up.

if it drags on that long, you may be right. Big, big IF IMO

As far as I'm concerned, if they are as serious as the others, then all the merrier, I'm not waving any flags here

I believe that they are serious - very serious.

When asked if his consortium had the fincances in place he replied...

'I believe we do'....

Well, exactly, which rather gives credence to the theory that this group are suddenly making alot of noise becasue they just realised they arent in the same league as lerner and Still (and mystery other). First there was this promise of player cash this morning, then this long interview tonight.

if this goes the same as last week, I would say that what this interview tells me, above anything else, is that one of the real players is about to make a real move

We will see, but personally this interview rather confirms my view that things are actually moving swiftly to a conclusion, just without Padfield or neville on board, and unsurprisingly they arent happy

Totally totally agree Pete. It sounds like a public pleaing to us that because they are English we should back them when the truth is they siimply cannot compete with the big boys.

Who are these big boys when you don't even know the backers of Stills or AV06 yet.

Well I'd say that Lerner is one of the big boys. And Athole STill is one of the biggest agents in the world game, who, incidentally, doesn;t name all his clients on his website unless they give him permission to. He has contacts within the game globally, having dealt with clubs in Italy, Spain and the UK to name but 3 markets. He has had extensive dealings with Chelsea, has sports contacts globally, so I guess I can say with ease that he has major backing and is a 'big boy'.

Now let me ask you Lee, do you believe that a Solihull businessman and high court judge have the contacts and backing as man on the Forbes list of billionaires who has people and experience in sports franchises, and a major agent in the world of sport who knows inside out the sport, the global appeal and markets?

Neville- Anyone who changes his stance on transfers every time he opens his mouth is someone who, basically, doesn't have a plan OR doesn't have a cohesive plan or the backing to firmly put his plan into actio. A no go IMO.

Padfield- I'm sorry but anyone who wants to bring in Laudrup and Jenson, who have no experience in management apart from a the Danish league as a dream team above Martin O'Neill, who is one of the most highly reagrded managers in the game, is, quite rankly, f**king clueless.

Increasingly worried - Padfield is starting to sound like a chancer like Neville. Why would he need to join forces with Neville (or vice versa) if either of them already had the money in place? And why does he (like Neville) suddenly need to start sucking up to Ellis and the fans? Just get the job done, stop the self-publicising.

And does anyone really know that Lerner is back on board? - we seem to be placing a lot of our hopes on the semi-literate Ellis-controlled puppet from the Evening Mail on that one.

The whole thing seems to be taking an embarrassingly long time to come to any concrete conclusion - can anyone remember anything remotely similar dragging on for so long? Clearly we have to take into account the Ellis factor - is he simply incapable of doing anything at something less than a slug's pace these days (cf. the excruciating Berson transfer saga etc etc etc etc etc)?; or is the self-centred little sh#t making ludicrous and delusional demands re finance and his future role which is putting people off?; or is it that ultimately he has no intention o f selling and is indulging in his 3 favourite pastimes (apart from counting his shillings)?, namely laughing at us proles, garnering lots of column inches for himself however unfavourable, and using particularly heightened smokescreen tactics to ensure that he stays in power but doesn't have to spend anything before the transfer window shuts? - if it was anyone else I wouldn't believe that this last one was possible but I genuinely believe that there are no depths to which this power-crazed ogre won't sink, he's the Idi Amin of football. And with every day that we are left to speculate and pray whilst nothing much happens my hopes are sinking. Please let me be wrong

Lerner is worth $1.4 billion, has assets of a further $4 billion, has shares (though the family sold 7%) in MBNA, he runs a major sports franchis in the Cleveland Browns that, although not winning much, is showing signs of vast improvement AND is making shiteloads of revenue, he has business interest in countries globally. I'd say that he is a MAJOR MAJOR PLAYER.

Still's backers are not known but if rumours are to be believesd and they are from Dubai you can bet yor bottom dollar they are minted. These people, like Lerner, are CHAMPIONS LEAGUE to Dougs, and th Neville and Padfield groups Championship.

Agree 100% thats the reason Padfield and Neville are joining together but they still wont be able to compete!

Excuse the pun! :winkold:

There is no basis in that at all

IMHO it depends on the attitude of said chairman.

Then no disrespect Pete how can you be sure that it will be sorted this week?

As I said earlier, in my (uninformed) opinion, everyone concerend wants this done and out of the way very quickly, ideally before the tour. events this week and last seem to confirm this to me, but thats just my opinion.

They have probably (and hopefully) missed the boat.

Why hopefully?

Because I hope that this is all going to be resolved very soon and I believe that if one of the first two dont complete the other two will take much, much longer.

I fear for us on the pitch if this is not resolved quickly.

For the record I have no inside knowledge of any bid.

No, I dont know anything except that this interview tonight doesnt change anything really. Its a guy desperately playing for time IMO. If he is desperately playing for time, then time is a real issue, no?

i think if moderators on this board know more about whats going they should try and put peoples mind at rest and give an indication off what is happening

people on this board are in contact with peolple ref the bid because it has been previously staed on this board

i am grown man with 3 children this situation is starting to consume my life, please for love off god let it be over.