Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Is Padfield actually saying "If Doug Wants to keep some shares he can do" do you think perhaps maybe?

IMO any consortium who would allow Ellis to retain any power and/or shares going forward are as welcome at Villa Park as a dose of the clap.

AVO6 can **** off if this is an option they would consider.

Padfield sounds like a clearing in the woods who has absolutely no knowledge of the club or its fans.

And lerner does - give me a break.

Ellis may be left with a token holding, who gives a **** if we are competing on a European stage

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure about that?

It seems to be what he is saying.

Either that or his bid isnt anywhere near ready, in which case he is too late. this isnt going on for much longer.

Ellis has had it, there is no way back IMO. But he can prolong the process by being awkward. I cannot see the takeover getting to this stage and doug backing out, I just cant.

there is a rule about him causing "frustration" to potential bidders. Big trouble if he does this.

Not familiar with the rule, but I can certainly understand the concept. How's this work, exactly?

AV06 IMHO are seriuos players and they are well in Lerners and Stils league if we read the stories right.

You may be right, but as I asked earlier, why all the noise?[/quote

They may be beind the other bids in time frames. If this drags into next week, they could possibly catch up.

Neville made public noises last week when he obviously became aware that Lerner was flying in to possibly complete a deal. Might it be foolish to suggest that Padfield is making similiar public noises this week becasue something similiar may be about to happen. Or am i clutching at straws?

Lerner is worth $1.4 billion, has assets of a further $4 billion, has shares (though the family sold 7%) in MBNA, he runs a major sports franchis in the Cleveland Browns that, although not winning much, is showing signs of vast improvement AND is making shiteloads of revenue, he has business interest in countries globally. I'd say that he is a MAJOR MAJOR PLAYER.

Still's backers are not known but if rumours are to be believesd and they are from Dubai you can bet yor bottom dollar they are minted. These people, like Lerner, are CHAMPIONS LEAGUE to Dougs, and th Neville and Padfield groups Championship.

Is Padfield actually saying "If Doug Wants to keep some shares he can do" do you think perhaps maybe?

IMO any consortium who would allow Ellis to retain any power and/or shares going forward are as welcome at Villa Park as a dose of the clap.

AVO6 can **** off if this is an option they would consider.

Padfield sounds like a clearing in the woods who has absolutely no knowledge of the club or its fans.

And lerner does - give me a break.

Ellis may be left with a token holding, who gives a **** if we are competing on a European stage

Precisely. I don't really care if Ellis is left with 1-2%. I'm sure he wants to keep the Ellis name in the club for his family or something. I'd rather he didn't, but if he has 1% of shares and we have European football then who wins?

They may be beind the other bids in time frames. If this drags into next week, they could possibly catch up.

if it drags on that long, you may be right. Big, big IF IMO

As far as I'm concerned, if they are as serious as the others, then all the merrier, I'm not waving any flags here

Don't forget it's up to Rothchilds to RECOMMEND their preferred bid or bids to the board. So I think that they simply do not rate Padfields' or Nevilles bids.

Agree. The fact that they are thinking of joining forces at this stage surely blows away any credibility they had as bidders. If they both had strong bids and were confident they could seriously challenge for ownership, joining up would be the last thing they would do. A very odd announcement IMHO. Seems amateurish on their part.

If I was winning the league as a manager by 20 points and had to buy a player that could guarantee it, and had the no how and money, I would do it.

Wouldn't you?

that was a crap analogy, but I'm sure you will get the drift

Lerner is worth $1.4 billion, has assets of a further $4 billion, has shares (though the family sold 7%) in MBNA, he runs a major sports franchis in the Cleveland Browns that, although not winning much, is showing signs of vast improvement AND is making shiteloads of revenue, he has business interest in countries globally. I'd say that he is a MAJOR MAJOR PLAYER.

Still's backers are not known but if rumours are to be believesd and they are from Dubai you can bet yor bottom dollar they are minted. These people, like Lerner, are CHAMPIONS LEAGUE to Dougs, and th Neville and Padfield groups Championship.

Agree 100% thats the reason Padfield and Neville are joining together but they still wont be able to compete!

Excuse the pun! :winkold:

Im just increrasingly worried that Dougie will not sell, or at the very least do something to scupper any positive deal for the ownership of AVFC.

I do hope im worng but I bet every single one of us are thinking the same deep down!

When asked if his consortium had the fincances in place he replied...

'I believe we do'....

Well, exactly, which rather gives credence to the theory that this group are suddenly making alot of noise becasue they just realised they arent in the same league as lerner and Still (and mystery other). First there was this promise of player cash this morning, then this long interview tonight.

if this goes the same as last week, I would say that what this interview tells me, above anything else, is that one of the real players is about to make a real move

We will see, but personally this interview rather confirms my view that things are actually moving swiftly to a conclusion, just without Padfield or neville on board, and unsurprisingly they arent happy

Totally totally agree Pete. It sounds like a public pleaing to us that because they are English we should back them when the truth is they siimply cannot compete with the big boys.

Who are these big boys when you don't even know the backers of Stills or AV06 yet.

Im just increrasingly worried that Dougie will not sell, or at the very least do something to scupper any positive deal for the ownership of AVFC.

I do hope im worng but I bet every single one of us are thinking the same deep down!

Again, if you go to the takeover panel wesbite and read I think it was rule 21.1, he cant do this. He cannot do anything to obstruct or hinder any bid from reaching the shareholders.

if it drags on that long, you may be right. Big, big IF IMO

As far as I'm concerned, if they are as serious as the others, then all the merrier, I'm not waving any flags here

IF???

Surely it is not going to be done tomorrow or Friday.....is it?

The more I think about it the more I'm inclined to agree with this version of events. I was feeling pretty negative about things listening to the interview but once you begin to put the bits and pieces together to get to this potential version of events it seems to be quite convincing. Whether thats because I want this version of events to be true, or whether its because this is actually the true situation I don't know. Hopefully the latter.

I think Rothchilds have sussed out Neville and AV06 pretty quickly and are concentrating their resources on the other two bids.

I really hope this is true too. But if they know they are out of their league, and they know that Rothchilds think their bids are not up to it, what would they have to gain by going to the media. It's not going to change the minds of the people who matter (the bankers, Ellis).

You'd think, at this point, that if Ellis DIDN'T sell, there'd be a full investigation. I think that with this many bids out there, his bluff is called.

Of course, he'll likely prolong it until the transfer window closes to screw the buyer (and, in his mind, heighten what he believes to be his legacy in comparison), but he'll be gone.