Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Now Newcastle are in the game.

Newcastle have confirmed to the Stock Exchange that majority shareholder Sir John Hall has been approached to sell his stake in the club.

Hall, who paid an estimated £3m to take charge of the club in 1991, stepped down as chairman in 1997.

Weekend newspaper reports suggested an American backed consortium had been working on a buy-out proposal.

A club statment said an approach had been received "which may or may not lead to the disposal of the stake."

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so we have Pompey sold, Liverpool on the look out for an investor, Newcastle wwill be sold ....

all these and yet we can't seem to find one after appoint Rothschilds, I agree Jez, IF ellis really wanted to sell we would find the bidders.

Guest RantinRob
So we're back to waiting for Doug to leave in a box then.

You can't say that, you'll upset some of the wan....ooops, more sensitive "fans" :winkold:

Depressing - every one else gets sold quickly and quietly - but not us Someone said on the relegation thread that Portsmouth would probably be above us - that is really sad and just sums us up :cry:

we want the box

we want the box

ee i adio o

we want the box

(calm down Rob - the box this time is plywood with plastic handles)

will it hell, i'd be surprised if it was anything but solid mahognay with gold handles, after all ellis has never had a problem spending his earnings (for want of a better word) or the clubs money on the best for himself, i half expect a sealed glass coffin, displayed prominantly somewhere within the ground.

Death is not the end.

Unfortunately, Dougs legacy might haunt us for years yet. We need him to sell.

As a compromise, can we put him in a box now then wait for him to go ?

Does anyone think that when he does go his legacy will be like when Robert Maxwell died and left a complete mess behind?