Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

I think you mean Neville JC not Richards but of course without us being shareholders having teh documentation and possibly an EGM to question any new owner I can not judge them.

Only then would I be able to say whether any single indivudual or a consortuim is good for us and all I want is the chance to judge ?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the NOTW today

...but then the Villa boss moved on to try to temper the protests with the promise of jam tomorrow, giving a massive hint that the club would be making a significant announcement soon.

it immediately sparked speculation of an imminant takeover or at least a major investment in the squad at the end of the season. but all o'leary would admit was " hopefully we might have some news- that i can't go into - and there could be light at the end of the tunnel this summer "

make of it what you will friends !!

Spoke to a close friend who works for Deutche Bank who told me that the deal will go ahead in the summer. Dont know whether this is old news but I cant face scrolling through 137 pages to find out!

"and there could be light at the end of the tunnel this summer "

Let's hope it is not a train coming in the other direction that will derail us! :winkold:

Any news would be good news as long as its not the chairman confirming that he has changed his mind and is staying put.

I don't care if someone has a friend at Deustche bank, the only time I'll believe we've been taken over is when the money is spent on new quality players, new owners don't mean better fortunes, look at the old Wimbledon

I don't care if someone has a friend at Deustche bank, the only time I'll believe we've been taken over is when the money is spent on new quality players, new owners don't mean better fortunes, look at the old Wimbledon

Agree with you completely Zippy, not all change is for the better ( although it's difficult to imagine anything much worse than the stagnation were going through now ). The reason why I bothered posting what I heard in the first place was due to the sense of relief from knowing that at least something is actually happening.

Whilst Villa struggle to find a buyer, cash carries on sloshing into other clubs (potentially)

IndyOnSundy

Liverpool could become the latest football club to succumb to foreign ownership if talks between chairman David Moores and the flamboyant former president of Spanish telecoms giant Telefonica come off.

Juan Villalonga, who quit the owner of Arsenal sponsor O2 in 2000, is understood to be seeking a substantial stake in the Premier League club. According to reports in Spain, he is being advised by Rothschild and PricewaterhouseCoopers.

Strange that - you'd have thought that they'd be advising him to talk to us? Merchant bank introduces willing buyer to willing seller?

Not that appointing rothschild to issue press releases would be a smokescreen or anything.

Meanwhile Villa's next owner continued the process of liquidating his assets to pump into his charity.

Torygraph

Hopes of an imminent bid were sparked yesterday after Trefick, the investment vehicle for entrepreneur Jack Petchey, was revealed to have increased its holding in Parkdean to 3.64m shares, equivalent to 7.28pc of the company. On Wednesday, Trefick was disclosed to have a 6.75pc stake.

Dealers described Mr Petchey as a shrewd investor, having recently made a good return on his investment in property group Warner Estate and car dealership Reg Vardy. It is unknown if he would team up with Alchemy as part of the bid, but one trader speculated he may be interested in a property transaction.

this was taken from icbrum. could something be going on behind the scenes?

DAVID O'Leary insisted: "We've got a great bunch of fans" in response to the boo-boys as his side slipped to 16th in the Premiership.

Villa's home wobbles continued as Fulham earned only their fourth away point of the season but, despite a banner which said: "We're not fickle, we just don't like you", and another which read: "O'Leary Out", the under fire manager stressed that the vast majority of fans are behind him.

And he has told the disenchanted element to lay off the players. He said: "We have got a lovely stadium here. We want to fill it, playing good football, challenging at the other end of the table.

"The fans frustration has been building up. If a few people want to take it out on me, that's fine, as long as they stay away from the players because the players are doing the best they can.

"If we can get a few players back, I know it will improve us. I can't ask any more of them. Yes, you'd like them to play better in certain ways but on effort I can't complain."

O'Leary said he did not see the banners despite them being situated in high profile areas at the Holte End.

"I've been told about them," he said. "That comes with football now. It all happens to us. There were 32,000 in the ground and the vast majority are frustrated and, like myself, they want to see Aston Villa go forward.

"We've got a great bunch of fans and within that great bunch there are some more frustrated than others who want to see a really good football club challenging. I share that frustration with them.

"The main thing was the fans stayed with the team with the amount of young people in the team and the amount of young people on the bench and that was good.

"We've got to get on with it until the summer when hopefully we might have news, that I can't go into, and we might be able to bring in a few hungry people that will improve us immensely.

"It's about getting to the the summer and then maybe other people might be able to make an announcement of things changing here."

hopefully villa ahve found someone, as long as it isnt that neville. he looks and sounds like a younger model of ellis :puke:

How is this different to his pot of gold quote from last year.

When it suits him he says he knows nothing about the takeover, he isnt told.

He knows Ellis wants to sell and some people have expressed their interest (despite not having the cash)

Hopefully something might happen in the summer, but we need someone to meet Ellis's valuation first.

Whilst Villa struggle to find a buyer, cash carries on sloshing into other clubs (Liverpool potentially)

Juan Villalonga, who quit the owner of Arsenal sponsor O2 in 2000, is understood to be seeking a substantial stake in the Premier League club. According to reports in Spain, he is being advised by Rothschild and PricewaterhouseCoopers.

With a name like Juan Villalonga, wouldn't you think he was the "Juan" for Aston Villa ? :lol:

he is being advised by Rothschild

I'm with Gringo on this, if the Comer deal is on the back burner or worse why are Rothschild not trying to get the cash into B6 rather than Liverplop? Or are we not their most important/attractive investment opportunity and/or their highest priority?

he is being advised by Rothschild

I'm with Gringo on this, if the Comer deal is on the back burner or worse why are Rothschild not trying to get the cash into B6 rather than Liverplop? Or are we not their most important/attractive investment opportunity and/or their highest priority?

you may not realise this but Villa are a poorly performing lower Premiership club in a half dead city called brum.

Liverpool are the present European cup holders in the top 4 of the Prem with a super team and manager with a vibrant board in a vibrant city.

anwer the question ??

Oh so we have to wait till the summer

then in the summer we can wait til the end of the summer.

then at the end of the summer, we can wait till november

then at the AGM doug wont have to say anything!!!!

its all BOLL*X