Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its of some limited interest I suppose but the present asking price is now rumoured to be just slightly higher than that offered by a previous oft criticised chancer called Ransom

Just speculation of course and no quotes

I also think there is a very good chance some movement will occur before the season end

The Saudi horse racing tycoon rumoured to have been part of the finances behind the Neville/Comer bid was killed a few weeks ago, knocked down while jogging in Florida. Might explain the delay?

? Has a Saudi billionaire been involved in this?

An apparent true story. At this event Bobby Davro was on stage and said

'Aren't you Doug Ellis, Chairman of Aston Villa?'

DE smiling.... 'Yes, thats me'

BD ' Mr.Ellis did you ever meet Frank Sinatra?'

De 'No, unfortunately not'

BD ' Never mind you soon will'

that's not true......Bobby Davro has never been that funny !!

The Saudi man, whose name I forget, was invited in originally as part of the 'consortium' but I heard months ago that he had been 'sacked' from thegroup.

His name is (was?) Mahmoud Fustok. Brother of the crown prince of Saudi Arabia, he has links with many prominent Irish politicians. His name was involved in the "Payments to Politicians" tribunal in Ireland, where he was alleged to have paid vast amounts of money to Charles Haughey, former Irish Taoiseach (Prime Minister) and invested money in Haughey's son's helicopter business, in exchange for Irish passports for himself and his family.

Fustok's involvement was never fully concluded and no criminal charges are arising, but this apparently made someone at Villa nervous and Ellis apparently wouldn't deal with a bid which involved Fustok so Neville went looking for alternative sources of money. Not sure what the latest development was but was interested to see the story about Fustok being killed.

Spent last weekend with a friend and colleague of Tony Hayles, (non-executive director at Villa I believe) who said that the Comer brothers are no longer in the picture, it was simply a case of them not having the requisite funding. Apparently Doug is despreate to sell but Rothschilds are really struggling to find any interested parties. As it stands there is NO takeover.

most of that sounds about right and I think no one is going to be interested until Ellis dies and then we are in catch 22 until he lowers the asking price.

One query Hiho, did you friend comment on whether Ellis is really 'in charge' or is everything frozen as a lot of us suspect ?

Spent last weekend with a friend and colleague of Tony Hayles, (non-executive director at Villa I believe) who said that the Comer brothers are no longer in the picture,

If this is true, isn't there a requirement that somebody make a public announcement?

Or was the bid never announced in the first place??

To be honest, I can't see the Comers bid going anywhere and it wouldn't surprise me if it's already dead in the water, but it would be nice to know so that at least O'Leary knows what he has to work with for next season, I don't think many of us want another situation like the Tesco one when we were promised funds but Doug didn't know whether they were definitely in yet