Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Sod the pedigree, the Egyptians had pedigree as did the Romans, lot of good it did them today.

Aston Villa as a club are a shell of their once great past, and its time their fans broke out of fantasy land and into realityville

Thats it then. Lets all forget about any chance of glory, winning or success. :?

Mind you I thought the reason that many fans on here are clamouring for the removal of Ellis and some for DOL is that they are in realityville and want things to change to have a chance of returning to fantasy lane.

Or is it just the case that someone is talking b******s? :winkold:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sod the pedigree, the Egyptians had pedigree as did the Romans, lot of good it did them today.

Aston Villa as a club are a shell of their once great past, and its time their fans broke out of fantasy land and into realityville

Thats it then. Lets all forget about any chance of glory, winning or success. :?

Mind you I thought the reason that many fans on here are clamouring for the removal of Ellis and some for DOL is that they are in realityville and want things to change to have a chance of returning to fantasy lane.

Or is it just the case that someone is talking b******s? :winkold:

Isn't this, and the signature, what is known as "posting for effect"?

Guys can a very long and often interesting thread not be closed with a one-to-one squabble? Den and Malc are well known for their differing views on things but its just part of the furniture to be honest

Old Fart

There are all sorts of wierd and wonderful posts on this site that offer all sorts of wierd and wonderful views and opinions of Aston Villa and all who sail in her.......... but one thing that should NEVER be forgotten is we love OUR club with untold passion and sometimes we show our passion too literally.

What becoming clear is that the takeover of the club and the direction it takes can no more be affected by us than the weather.

The arguments about who we are, our love for the club, and it's affect on our lives is more out of place here than on any of the other threads.

This is a 118 page confession of how little we really matter to the workings of a modern football club, and for that the world is a poorer place.

I passionately love the Villa, but it doesn't show up anywhere on the balance sheet, the Rothschilds don't care about fans, just customers.

As fans, we have a responsibility to find ways to make ourselves heard isn't that what we're here for ?

Agree with this.

Preston North-End? At one time they were untouchable, the Chelsea/ManU/Arse of the time. Where are they now?

Nottingham Forest? Twice European Champions. Dropped like a stone.

Villa have no divine right to be a big club, especially not with the lack of ambition shown by it's owners.

interesting interview with DOL on R5's sportsweek.

teh presenter asked him about the proposed takeover and what he thought would happen and when pressed DOL did say he thought something would happen and gave the impression at least to me that he knows moves are going on.

If I was to ask DOL one question I would simply ask if he has been told that there is a spend freeze at Villa ?

Maybe the Comers (if the deal is still on the table that is) wants to be sure that Aston Villa FC will not get relegated before the takeover? Maybe (if) we'll reach the "magic" (see how low I´ve sunk...) 40 points we will see some action from the Comers?