Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

If we continue to lose matches and players we will continue to lose potential revenue and will not be in the prem

Big deal. I'm old enough to remember life before the premier league. Old enough to remember life in Div 3. Its not the end of the world. Life goes on. Don't want us to go down - but its not life and death. You need to experience the lows before you taste the highs. I'm not settling for mediocrity, just trying to see the bigger picture. And not geting involved in wishing an already ill 80-something man dead.

you should be old enough to not read so much into one sentence then mate.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave - if relegation is avoidable don't you think it becomes a big deal? If we get relegated because of a situation in which a stubborn old man squeezes the club so hard that we go down?

Sorry but the reason we are in a relegation battle is not dougs fault. The reason we are a underacheiving average team is without a doubt dougs fault but i'm afraid the blame for being in a relegation battle has to go to DOL. There is no way our squad is poor enough to be in a relegation battle and how many people thought we would be after we spent some cash in the summer.

Dave - if relegation is avoidable don't you think it becomes a big deal? If we get relegated because of a situation in which a stubborn old man squeezes the club so hard that we go down?

Everything is relative in life.

Should releagation be avoided with all reasonable means? Yes, defintely.

Should relegation be avoided at all costs? No, probably not.

Lets move the arguement away from wishing one sick man dead. Or lock this thread.

i'm afraid the blame for being in a relegation battle has to go to DOL

Don't have to convince me of that mate. I think it also comes down to the general state of the club though and that's down to Doug. Even O'Leary might be able to drag us out of this mess if he had a better basis to go from.

Don't have to convince me of that mate. I think it also comes down to the general state of the club though and that's down to Doug. Even O'Leary might be able to drag us out of this mess if he had a better basis to go from.

I agree the general state of the club has alot to do with doug but i'd also argue that the poor performances and the constant negativity spoken by DOL has not helped the general feeling around the club.

DOL though did have a good basis in the summer and many fans thought that we had a decent squad and were excited at the start of the season. I doubt there were many that thought we'd be this close to the bottom 3 at this point in the season.

Anyone know if the Comers/Neville have made any statement since the Rothschild announcement?

I seem to remember the last comment mentioned a critical 72 or 48 hours or something?

has this not been qualified since the passing of said time frame?

has it all gone quiet over there?

Bully I have to agree with you, whilst i think ellis wants to sell the problem is that there is not a lot of buyers out there.

take the Comer's if part of the plan is the land we own then an article posted on H&V regarding the land makes it clear there are not large profits there and unless they want to own a football club any more than £50m is a watse of money for a failing business.

The other part of this is simpoly there are no rich villa faans out there, it is unusal but the mail printed a 100 midland rich list (Doug is 80ish with a value of £22m) but I could only spot one obvious villa fan who is the bloke who owns Pertemps and has shown no idea to take over the club, so we are stuck in limbo.

Unless Ellis agrees to around £50m the deal won't happen but if he waits the value wwill go down and down, it is his caall and aat some time he will have to take a decsion, there is only months to go.