Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

You have to wonder what Jack Petchey will do.

If the Comer brothers pull out it is unlikely that something will happen in the near future.

Our half yearly reports are due very shortly and people arent expecting them to show much that is positive.

As time passes the value of his shares will diminish, the offer of £5.60 or whatever is unlikely to beaten, and I suspect any offers in the future to be sub £5.00.

If I was him Id want the cash out as quick as possible.

If he did sell the pressure would be back on Ellies big style.

Petchey is about to pick up £30m from other deals and so is hardly short of cash.

And you never know, he might be waiting for cuddly to croak so he can assume power.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not criticising those who are sincere in saying the one reason they stay away from VP is Doug Ellis. Its their choice afterall.

What I am criticising is the fact they believe that staying away will have any impact whatsoever on the boardroom.

Attendances are down this season no question. However, Doug's response will be to simply blame our league position and fire the manager at the end of the season.

As someone far more eloquent than I once said, when Doug goes, the missing thousands will merely think of another convenient excuse to stay away.

tbh, you think what you like...

i know what my agenda is and i know what many of my friends agendas are...

thats all that matters to me...

And you never know, he might be waiting for cuddly to croak so he can assume power.

Petchey definately wants out. I know from a reliable source that he has been touting villa around as being 'for sale' and that quite interestingly it was petchey that approached the comers, as he is a shareholder in comer homes! Make of this what you will.

Petchey is about to pick up £30m from other deals and so is hardly short of cash.

Never suggested he was short of cash, just pointing out that if there is an offer on the table which is below Dougs valuation but at this point in time is a fair reflection on the worth of the club, it might be the highest offer the shareholders receive.

If Doug pass away it has been mooted that any offer made for them would be "on the cheap"

You dont get as rich as Petchey by being sentimental in business

Strange that I have it from another reliable source that given an option to get Ellis out even if he didn't accept an offer, he turned it down out of hand.

Could that not be because what Ellis is really doing is trying his best to make the club sellable and therefore not gambling at all to obtain success. To be honest the Ellis of old times would have let DOL go by now and if he had any ambition left for the club he would have.

Ellis wnats to sell and he is trying his best to get a good price. Therefore the day to day runing of the club is not on his agenda. That is how I see it anyway. I keep my fingers crossed for someone with ambition taking over Villa.

I think it needs 10% of the shareholding to force an EGM

If the Villa is as badly run as people would have you believe on this forum, it'll be a doddle getting that 10% surely?

It's badly run because the focus is on the wrong things -- rather than progressing the club, that 10% will be guarded like the Crown jewels.

Ellis has had several offers that would be acceptable to Petchey, the board, the clubs advisors and most other shareholders.

work the rest out for yourself

Petchy is not the majority shareholder and if he was that discinchanted, he could call an EGM himself.

So I think that theat theory has already been worked out

Petcy certainly has enough clout to make life uncomfortable for Ellis, but he is choosing not to do so. Someone said Petchy is a business man and that is true, he'll do whatever is in his interests, and at this time it appears to be to sit tight.

BREAKING NEWS.....

153 yr old villa chairman admits talks with the Comers have come to an end. To appease 112 yr old manager DOL Ellis has handed him a 5 thousand pound transfer kitty to help our push towards league 2 promotion.