Takeover parts 1 & 2

SFF

Hm, don't know much about these things but doesn't the share price use to go up after a publicity like the one we got yesterday? Anyway, I'm not that confident anymore about this takeover. :(

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if there is a fixed price agreed between vendor and purchaser, that surely has no earing on the other share price?

The take-over is not a certainty though Ali so there will still be fluctuations in the price.

If there is an annoucement that it will not be going ahead then it would have a negative affect on the price, more people will sell, and it could spark a downward momentum.

I don't think it will happen any more. I really want it to, but I just don't see either party being eager to resolve it.

Not sure TBH. I think the behind the scenes of both sides are eager to resolve it.

The behind the scenes of Ellis being his family and the behind the scenes of the Comers being Villa fan Neville

exactly rich it seems that the drivers behind this are not the main people as such and thus they are trying persuade reluctant people to take part. Now the whole nub of the question is this, if Ellis does not want to sell he can just simply walk away and say the bid is over, he has not done this, now people may claim transfer window and AGM, but I don't see it.

Simply ellis has put the club up for sale and wants an auction so keeps the Comer's/Neville's involved whilst leaking that maybe there is an opportunity for someone else to come in and trump them. again another Ellis tactic simply for himself and not for the best interests of the club or ebven the shareholders because the longer this goes, the worse we get and the more chances he could die in the chair.

I've heard that Neville is no more a Villa fan than I am a Blues fan.

And that's not at all before the smart arses start :D

I remember him saying he grew up in Erdington, and was a regular a VP, or is he the new Ellis?

I've heard that Neville is no more a Villa fan than I am a Blues fan.

And that's not at all before the smart arses start :D

Tell us more.....

One of his claims is that he's such a big fan he actually knows some of the ex players. One of those who was apparently a good friend of his was Charlie Aitken. When Aitken was asked about Neville he didn't have a clue who he was.

That's what I've heard anyway. Ianrobo or someone may be able to tell us otherwise.

exactly rich it seems that the drivers behind this are not the main people as such and thus they are trying persuade reluctant people to take part

Thats certainly my take. May be wrong though

Yeah I heard Aitken say he had no idea who he was.

That doesn't mean he's not a Villa fan though does it. I thought he was a season ticket holder, or used to be anyway.

Bid for Villa at a vital stage Jan 15 2006

By Graham Hill

THE proposed takeover of Aston Villa was at a crucial stage last night with the Irish consortium hoping to buy out Doug Ellis putting the finishing touches to their bid.

But it has again been emphasised that the Comer Brothers, who have been preparing a £64 million buyout, have NOT pulled out of the deal, contrary to midweek reports.

Indeed, the pair have been holding top-level meetings over the past few days to discuss the finer points of the deal.

And it now seems that the next 72 hours will be vital to the eventual outcome of the plan which has been in the public domain since October.

Things are expected to come to a head one way or the other within the week.

But sources close to the deal have been quick to pick holes in a number of stories suggesting that the Comers have abandoned their involvement in the takeover.

Suggestions that Villa have had to fork out £150,000 just to make sure financial deadlines were met have been rubbished, with the figure more like £1,000 - a drop in the ocean considering the sums that have been discussed.

This is draggin on and on and on and on..........

First they say 48 hours, now another 72 hours. We should know this week. No doubt with the week up it will be another 2 weeks and the january window will be closed.