The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Brilliant new football game called X2 Football 2009. Really good control, fun and not too hard. Best football game I have played on either PSP, DS or Iphone. Its new too so there will be improvements.

I am going to get myself an iphone 3g s.

I could be pikey and go for the standard 3g, but what the hell. £35/month contract alhtough I was wondering if you can get additional text bolt-ons?

Yeh you can get additional bolt ons.

I believe unlimited texts is a bolt on of 7 quid a month. I considered going for that but don't think I'd go that many texts over my limit to make it worth it. But if you're a hefty texter that would be well worth it.

Is there any reason to go for the standard (ie cheaper i phone) compared to the 3g s?

Also is it worth taking the apple iphone protection plan? Does O2 have an insurance plan that covers this too? What is the warranty on the phone?

I didn't take any protection plan out but the warranty is a year I think. Obviously doesn't cover you for accidental damage though.

The only reason not to get the £Gs is price. Whether you think the higher price is worth it or not?

It is probably worth it, as I use my phone for a camera if out and about, I really don't want to be carrying an extra camera around. Plus I like the idea of tethering, although O2 are charging an additional premium for this.

Just buy a pay as you go iPhone and unlock it to your current contract whoever it may be with.

I hear that apple/O2 have software updates to ensure that certain features are not supported if you go outside the O2 contract. I am currently with vodafone who really can't offer anything remotely close to an iphone.

Is itjust me or does the internet seem a lot slower now both on wifi and 3g ?

Oh and that footy game is a lot better than I expected.

Â