The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

I think Fury takes him out after seeing this and well a Klitschko would destroy him. He doesn't seem to take the punch, he got stopped by Stiverne in the amateurs but that guy is a massive puncher. This was a nothing punch and his legs just completely crumbled.

Still, he's very powerful and destructive on the front foot but if you can't take a punch then you won't go far in this division.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Price must have a head made out of porcelain, really was odd wasn't it?

He needs to scrap his trainer and become a defensive, safety first, work-behind-the-jab fighter like Wladimir. He may then have half a chance.

Clearly Thompson was too much of a step up, going from a domestic level fighter in Harrison to a world level operator like Thompson was a bit odd even though 'world level' in the h/w is pretty shite. Price will always have a chance with his power but man his inside game, defence and chin look very poor. At least he can improve his defence but obvious not his chin...

Well after his last fight even though it was only a two rounder you could see that he had problems on the inside, I think that there will be a lot of people absolutely gutted by that, most people saw him as the worlds answer to the klitschko's.

I said a few pages back that people were not giving Fury enough of a chance against Price but I wasn't expecting that to happen tonight at all.

Well after his last fight even though it was only a two rounder you could see that he had problems on the inside, I think that there will be a lot of people absolutely gutted by that, most people saw him as the worlds answer to the klitschko's.

I said a few pages back that people were not giving Fury enough of a chance against Price but I wasn't expecting that to happen tonight at all.

I bought into the Price hype until the Skelton fight (as funny as that sounds), there he looked at best confused on the inside and Skelton managed to create space in order to land one or two flush shots.

I think he has major chin issues and lacks the game to skirt around it like Wladimir does. Price is what you would call an ambush fighter, he likes to jump in and throw punches in bunches. Jumping in can leave you very exposed defensively, what Price needs to do is work behind the jab and be a lot less aggressive, basically do what Wladimir did when he hired Steward as his trainer.

Now as Fury is concerned, lets not forget that his chin is hardly granite, he got put down by Nevan Pajkic- a bum. But what he can do much better than Price is to use that jab and to keep his chin out of the way, as we saw against Kevin Johnson.

Back to Price, what an awful KO that was for both his confidence and career, if it was a really heavy shot you could make excuses since this is the h/w division, but a tap on the ear!?!? Just tells you he can't take a punch.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â